Volcano Erupts in Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volcano Erupts in Japan

TOKYO (AP) — A volcano has erupted in southwestern Japan and coated a nearby city with a layer of ash.

People in Kagoshima city wore masks and raincoats and used umbrellas to shield themselves from the ash after the Sakurajima volcano erupted Sunday afternoon. Drivers turned on their headlights, and local media described the ash like driving through snow at night. Railway operators stopped service in the city temporarily so ash could be removed from the tracks.

Kyodo News reported no injuries have occurred. It said the smoke plume was 5 kilometers (3 miles) high and lava flowed about 1 kilometer (.6 miles) from the fissure.

TV news reports Monday morning showed masked residents sprinkling water and sweeping up the ash. The city was mobilizing garbage trucks and water sprinklers to clean up.

Japan is on the Pacific "Ring of Fire" and has frequent seismic activity. Sakurajima erupts often, and the Japan Meteorological Agency maintains a warning against people going near the volcano.

It is about 10 kilometers (6 miles) from Kagoshima city in Kagoshima prefecture.

Kyodo cited JMA as saying there are no signs of a larger eruption at Sakurajima but similar activity may continue.
    Originally posted by Buzzo
    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Those poor people can't catch a break.

Comment

Kinda makes you wonder wtf they are doing/could've done to piss off mother nature.

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2
      "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Godzilla?
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post
          Kinda makes you wonder wtf they are doing/could've done to piss off mother nature.

You put that many people on a island, you will eventually have problems.

Comment

When Japan invaded China they raped and murdered anyone they could find

Comment

Sakurajima has erupted a bunch of times over the last century. Unzen has also been very active during the same time. They both erupted at different times when I was in Japan in the 90s. Japan is really nothing more than a series of volcanoes, much like Hawaii. The southern part is currently over the hot spot in the crust and will be for pretty much the rest of human history. Now, if Mt. Fuji were to erupt, that would be a catastrophe of epic proportions.
              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                When Japan invaded China they raped and murdered anyone they could find
                Who gives a shit!

That was in the past and Japan is nothing like that now. Holy shit I guess I should still be mad at the English since I am part Irish. Oh shit or maybe my German heritage over comes that and everyone should be mad at me.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

killing dolphins yo!

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                    Sakurajima has erupted a bunch of times over the last century. Unzen has also been very active during the same time. They both erupted at different times when I was in Japan in the 90s. Japan is really nothing more than a series of volcanoes, much like Hawaii. The southern part is currently over the hot spot in the crust and will be for pretty much the rest of human history. Now, if Mt. Fuji were to erupt, that would be a catastrophe of epic proportions.
                    This is being reported as the largest eruption/explosion for this particular volcano in recorded history.

Stevo
                    Originally posted by SSMAN
                    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Uh... decided to live on the most active tectonic region on the planet?
                      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                        Who gives a shit!

That was in the past and Japan is nothing like that now. Holy shit I guess I should still be mad at the English since I am part Irish. Oh shit or maybe my German heritage over comes that and everyone should be mad at me.

Asians know how to hold a grudge. We had to kill something like 99% of them on several of the islands we took in WW2.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          Asians know how to hold a grudge. We had to kill something like 99% of them on several of the islands we took in WW2.
                          And the other 1% jumped off cliffs so we couldn't capture them.(That may have been out of fear though)

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                            Godzilla?
                            Godzirraaaa!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                              Who gives a shit!

Its only genocide right

Comment

Working...
                              X