Bank Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank Fishing

Do any of you guys know any good local fishing locations. Catfish or bass fishing spots

All the marinas generally have areas which are nice at night. I know from some experience around Texoma that lighthouse marina has some good fishing at night. Both off the slips and off one of their banks if you can get it out far enough.

Lewisville at the Little Elm boat ramp always has fisherman there pull in a fair amount of fish with mainly minnows. They seem to have the best luck straight off the docks now that the water is up a little. I think most of Lewisville marinas are high brow and don't let any old joe fish off their slips without you leasing one with a boat in it.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Try Bardwell

Comment

At George bush and Luna there is a spot under the overpass and just west on Luna behind some warehouses there is a big pond. I have caught bass in both places.

Comment

Marine Creek off of 820 in FTW has lots of accessible shoreline for bank fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
            Marine Creek off of 820 in FTW has lots of accessible shoreline for bank fishing.
            But no fish, at least the 3-4 times I tried. I always see people there trying.
            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
            86 SVO - Sold
            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
              I've caught my biggest bass and biggest crappie out of that lake. bass went 8.5 and crappie went 19" and 3.5 lbs, but I was in a boat.
              "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                I used to go there pretty regular back in 06-08, usually we had a 8ft bass raider to actually get out on the lake but it had plenty of fish back then.

Comment

Off the I30 bridge in rockwall is a pretty good spot. Go real early before all the boats start coming out.
                  07 GT500
                  05 SRT10
                  88 turbocoupe T-bird
                  93 Cobra
                  86 coupe
                  Ducati 848

Comment

The original Texas Fishing Forum covering all fishing in Texas - fresh and salt water discussion, news, events, guides, classifieds, tournaments and more.
                    An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Joe Pool marina is nice and quiet at night. You can access it without having to enter the park which is nice as the park closes pretty early.

Just sit over by the bait shop next to the Oasis, very relaxing and we do get good bites occasionally
                      Originally posted by Sean88gt
                      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Lavon
                        Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Originally posted by paul_376 View Post
                          Lavon
                          I see people parked in the river bottoms near 78 all the time. Some rough ass dirt roads to get down there though. I think you can fish off of the back of the damn as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X