Auto Insurance Question. Need input.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Insurance Question. Need input.

I was in a wreck Friday night. I was T-boned turning into a shopping center. I was turning in and the car waiting to get on the road bolted out.

So, they have Farmers Insurance. The adjuster is coming out to look at the car Tuesday to determine the amount of damages. I have a 2000 Jetta VR6. 120k. The driver's rear door and fender between door and tire are damaged. The tire looks like it's leaning in on the top side. Rim has a scratch or scuff mark on it as well.

I really don't wanna inherit a car payment if they try to total out the car. My understanding is they total out, when the car reaches 75% of it's value. Is that kbb or like dealer resale value? KBB shows $3200 and Dealer shows $4100.

After the accident my lower neck was hurting but nothing since the night of.
    I really think it would be bs for it to be totaled. Why should I (the victim) have the inherit the pain of a car payment? I was fine before the accident and don't think I should come out of the accident with financial stress.

Sorry to rant. Just need advice and opinions to help with my wondering mind.
    I can post pictures tomorrow of the Jetta if needed.

Thanks in advance as always.

Just settle with them and keep the car. Do whatever you want with the $$.

Comment

Most likely totaled no matter how you slice it.

The insurance company owes to put you back to pre-loss condition or settle based upon the valuation of the vehicle. So if the average price of a 2000 Jetta is $4k, they pay you $4k. You theoretically should be able to take that payment and find a like/kind/quality car for the same price. Whether or not you can qualify for financing etc. isn't someone elses problem. Then again, if you're using that check to buy the same LKQ car, why would one need financing?

Comment

Definitely totalled, buy it back and repair it yourself or buy something similar. Go to doctor no matter what just in case.

Comment

Or, if the car still drives fine, take the money, keep the car, and use the money however you want.

Comment

I just spoke with my agent about my neck tension and how I have been stressed out over this whole claim. He told me if I go to the dr and the tension in my neck is from stress and not from an injury from the car accident, they can deny paying medical bills. IMO everything is caused by this whole wreck.

Comment

Originally posted by GT Fanatic View Post
              I just spoke with my agent about my neck tension and how I have been stressed out over this whole claim. He told me if I go to the dr and the tension in my neck is from stress and not from an injury from the car accident, they can deny paying medical bills. IMO everything is caused by this whole wreck.
              That's harsh my insurance told me to go to doctor no matter what even though I told them I was fine, they wanted me to just get checked out.

Comment

So if your neck tension is not related to the car accident, why should your car insurance foot the bill?

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                  So if your neck tension is not related to the car accident, why should your car insurance foot the bill?

It's fraud dude! Get em! Turn that sumbitch in!!!

Comment

call http://www.1800lawyers.com/ and get to a doctor.
                    sigpic

Comment

That's some major mental stress to cause a physical pain.
                      "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

I had a lower neck injury in the accident. My neck has been tensing up the last few days. How am I suppose to know if it's car accident related? If I go on thinking it's stress related and it's actually accident related and the claim is closed. There is a huge chance, the insurance company will do nothing about it.

Comment

Insurance companies are a joke!

Comment

here are the pics of the damages.

Comment

That doesn't look too bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X