Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's a Sellers Rating for our wonderful classifieds....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a Sellers Rating for our wonderful classifieds....

I don't normally do this, but since this is someone who has posted for sale items for a while on this site, I feel like I need to give a sellers rating on this deal. I bought these wheels and tires, and I will first say that they are nice! Wheels look good and the tires are like brand new as described.

However - I explicitly asked the seller if there were any issues and if they had TPMS sensors in them, was told no issues and they do have TPMS installed...they were said to be "ready to go". I sent a buddy to pick them up....he noticed that the center caps on a couple of them didn't look so good but otherwise everything looked fine. However by the time they made it to me one of the front tires had gone flat....turns out it was leaking from the wheel, seller claims to know nothing about this, yet that seems hard to believe since this thing wouldn't even hold air more than a few hours riding in the back of a Yukon.

I had to take that wheel and have the tire broken off, and then had to disassemble the wheel and completely reseal it. But the fun hasn't stopped there....when we broke the tire off we found a TPMS sensor simply attached to a rogue valve stem LAYING INSIDE THE TIRE! That is correct...not attached or any sign of EVER being properly installed...just thrown in there. Naturally, this is what fucked up the seal on the wheel and marked the hell out of the inside of the tire too....random sensor and valve stem floating around inside a spinning tire.

I had to buy a new sensor for that wheel when the tire was reinstalled. However now that it is back together and on the car (holding air), none of the other wheels will program to the TPMS system.....go fucking figure!!
    I tried flopping them around to see if they too have sensors just thrown in, and one rear does sound to have something loose inside of it, but the other front and rear do not. Nevertheless, at this point I will apparently have to have the 3 remaining tires broken down to find out what the deal is with the TPMS sensors....I'm sure it means I'll need to just purchase a new set of matching TPMS, which is a bit more money...on top of the labor cost to break down and remount/balance all the tires....not to mention the trouble I'm having to go through with this!

Why can't people just be honest?? I don't sell shit that way and I don't think it's too much to ask for people to treat others with the same damned courtesy. I didn't even ask this guy to take less....he wanted $3500 shipped, and I asked how much picked up...he said $3250 and I said Done! No haggle, no BS on my part. I went on his word b/c I knew his posts from this site and also b/c he is an acquaintance of one of my friends. Now it's going to be costing me a lot more than $3250 and a lot more headache than I was planning. BS in my book! Buyers beware...don't get fucked like I did!
    70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Shitty. Did you contact him about it? He's been around a long time, iirc he was the guy who knew the pelican/Veyron dumbass.

Comment

Yup, same guy. ironically the Veyron guy used to be room mates with my friend that played middle man on this deal. I contacted him about the leak...he just played dumb on it. I figure no need to bother on the rest of the saga....I'm sure I'll get about the same response.

That's okay though...reputation means a lot in this game, and I'm fairly certain I'm more connected both here and down that way.
      70' Chevelle RagTop

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Well that sucks man. After you get it sorted out they are going to look good though! And I'm usually not a fan of "rivets."

Comment

Yup, pretty sure taliwhacker is right.

Comment

Agreed....I've never been a fan of the hardware either, but I'm making an exception on these....especially since it's actually functional and not just for looks. But still, if I were buying them new I'd most likely opt for no hardware.

They are on the car now....and man, it has changed the whole attitude of it! I do like them. However it sucks to be driving around with an idiot light on the dash in my 12K mile "new"-ish car.

Some people could probably live with it, but that kind of ghetto shit drives me nuts....I have to fix it ASAP.
            70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
              Agreed....I've never been a fan of the hardware either, but I'm making an exception on these....especially since it's actually functional and not just for looks. But still, if I were buying them new I'd most likely opt for no hardware.

They are on the car now....and man, it has changed the whole attitude of it! I do like them. However it sucks to be driving around with an idiot light on the dash in my 12K mile "new"-ish car.

Some people could probably live with it, but that kind of ghetto shit drives me nuts....I have to fix it ASAP.

Definitely understand that. I just rolled over 12k, too; and only had 7300 last week. Allow me to direct you to the new 5.0s thread in the Picture Post as to why...

Comment

Postman84?
                sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

So fuck Stretch?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                    Allow me to direct you to the new 5.0s thread in the Picture Post as to why...
                    Jelly! For sure! More pics when you have time...

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                    So fuck Stretch?
                    Nah...not saying that entirely. You can be the judge...I'm just providing info on my personal experience.

Also not sure what the comment and Ninja edit meant from Leah, but whatever. I suppose if this is just me bitching, then yeah.
                    70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                      Also not sure what the comment and Ninja edit meant from Leah, but whatever. I suppose if this is just me bitching, then yeah.
                      Why you gotta call me out like that?? I was thinking you were Roscoe for some reason and when I realized it, I deleted it. I was joking...
                      Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                      Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                      Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                      You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Why can't people just be honest? Good question. Especially when it comes to selling wheels and tires with tpms. I bought a set of 13 GT wheels/tires off cl. Guy told me they had tpms and lied. Lucky for me I was able to use my old ones. But still I don't get it either. Public school system failed them I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
                          Why you gotta call me out like that?? I was thinking you were Roscoe for some reason and when I realized it, I deleted it. I was joking...
                          ah...well, I try not to bitch too much....unless I'm really on the rag with something like this. ;-)
                          70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

Originally posted by kirbster View Post
                            Why can't people just be honest? Good question. Especially when it comes to selling wheels and tires with tpms. I bought a set of 13 GT wheels/tires off cl. Guy told me they had tpms and lied. Lucky for me I was able to use my old ones. But still I don't get it either. Public school system failed them I guess...
                            I blame it more on bad parenting.
                            70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

what a bitch.

god bless.
                              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                              X