Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop SAVES dog in Pennsylvania

Poor pup.

A Pennsylvania patrol officer was proclaimed a hero after he rescued a German shepherd from a car wreck in South Londonberry.

Since the rescue, a photo of patrol officer Nick Ague carrying the dog that his fellow police officers posted to Facebook has gone viral with nearly 4, 500 likes and tons of admiring comments.

“Amazing people still do exist!” one user wrote. Another wrote, “What a special gift you are to the police force and to this German shepherd who needed your help and was given so freely!!!!”

The act of heroism began on Aug. 11, when Ague heard on the radio that there had been a car accident nearby, and that two dogs involved in the crash had fled from the scene.

“I heard other people say they saw a German shepherd running,” Ague told ABC News.com. ”Based on the location I could tell the dog was heading west.”

So Ague and a few fellow officers set out to find the dog, who they later learned was named Mya. They flagged Mya down, but every time they stopped their patrol cars, she would run from them. They called Mya’s owner, and when she arrived on the scene, Mya finally stopped running. And then the dog wouldn’t move at all.

That was when Ague realized something was terribly wrong. He quickly realized that it wasn’t that the dog wouldn’t move but couldn’t move.
    “The dog was not moving because the skin on the pads of her feet was hanging, presumably because of the distance she ran,” Ague explained. “She ran two miles from the crash on hot asphalt.

“When I realized that’s why she couldn’t walk,” he said, “the only thing I could think to do was pick her up.”

So he hoisted Mya, who he said weighed around 75 pounds, and carried her about 100 yards to her owner’s car.

Mya’s owner, Megan Smith, declined to comment to ABCNews.com, explaining that she did not want to bring Mya any more publicity. But she said that Mya’s paws were almost healed, and she was now walking normally.

Ague, who has a German shepherd of his own and described himself as “a huge animal lover” (he had petitioned for a canine department in his police force last year) said he never thought of doing anything besides saving Mya.
    “Just putting myself in the owners shoes, I would not want to be in that situation. I tried to right any wrong and do what I hoped someone would do for me,” he said.

Wow, waiting on the next headline: "Former 'Who's Who' Cop Posts Coherent Argument."
    Last edited by slow99; 08-15-2013, 05:10 PM.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

And not a single word about my possum rescue. Are you against possums? That's racist!
      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
      George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
        Wow, waiting on the next headline: "Former 'Who's Who' Cop Posts Coherent Argument."
        I giggled.

Comment

He saved it so he could shoot it, right?

Comment

My fan base is amazing.

Comment

y'alls argument side, I thought it was a touching story
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Treadhead View Post
                And not a single word about my possum rescue. Are you against possums? That's racist!
                They're ugly as fuck and useless! Should of scattered his brain matter!

Comment

Boy... Last night was a rough night for me... My Sgt asks for a backup on 114... Hit dog. I got there and its a bridle boxer female. I was broken. Brutus is my personal bridle male boxer and it hit home. The dogs back was definitely broken since its hint legs laid limp while her front legs were straight. She flopped around a bit and got turned around and just looked at me. I teared up. And I had a rider with me. Fuck! Sgt got there with the aco truck and we evaluated her injuries. It was by far the hardest call I've had in a while. U can see me tearing up on effing camera as we comforted the dog on her last bits of life... I have more sympathy for dogs and children then I do a hurt adult in most instances. There innocent. Simply put. Sorry to bring this story down but we don't all just shoot dogs if they look at us cross. That is all...

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                    Boy... Last night was a rough night for me... My Sgt asks for a backup on 114... Hit dog. I got there and its a bridle boxer female. I was broken. Brutus is my personal bridle male boxer and it hit home. The dogs back was definitely broken since its hint legs laid limp while her front legs were straight. She flopped around a bit and got turned around and just looked at me. I teared up. And I had a rider with me. Fuck! Sgt got there with the aco truck and we evaluated her injuries. It was by far the hardest call I've had in a while. U can see me tearing up on effing camera as we comforted the dog on her last bits of life... I have more sympathy for dogs and children then I do a hurt adult in most instances. There innocent. Simply put. Sorry to bring this story down but we don't all just shoot dogs if they look at us cross. That is all...
                    Cant imagine having to do that. sorry to hear and agree with the children and pets comment. They are innocent and it is sad
                    99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                    going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Originally posted by Oreos_stang3 View Post
                      Cant imagine having to do that. sorry to hear and agree with the children and pets comment. They are innocent and it is sad
                      What makes it worse is I could a swore I knew this pup... I came in last night for work and my Sgt said it was my buddy such and such's dog... I was heart broken. He confirmed my suspicions. Blah! Luckily the ACO informed sometime yesterday morning. I went by there last night to check on him. He had closed up shop and was doing good. Thanked us for not letting her suffer.

Comment

Tell me you shot the poor dog & ended its misery!
                        GOD BLESS TEXAS
                        August Landscaping
                        214-779-7278
                        Seb's high class.
                        He'll mow your grass.
                        He'll kick your ass.
                        And while his kidney stones pass,
                        He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                          Tell me you shot the poor dog & ended its misery!
                          No... Sgt use to be an aco and is still current on his certifications. He first tranquilized her with a horse tranq... She went quietly and quietly. Then he euthanized her. I shook his hand later after I manned up and gave him props on something I could never do.
                          Dog owner also thanked us for not letting her suffer further. I was tore up just telling him yesterday.

Comment

Instances like that are tough. I'm sorry you had to deal with it
                            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

No... Sgt use to be an aco and is still current on his certifications. He first tranquilized her with a horse tranq... She went quietly and quietly. Then he euthanized her. I shook his hand later after I manned up and gave him props on something I could never do.
                              Dog owner also thanked us for not letting her suffer further. I was tore up just telling him yesterday.

That's really shitty man.

Comment

Working...
                              X