Sold my bike on Craigslist and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold my bike on Craigslist and...

I sold my motorcycle on craigslist about a year ago. I get a text today from the guy saying he sold the bike and the dealership needs a copy of my drivers license. It was sold with a clear title and I have never had a dealership ask me for previous owner's ID when I trade in anything. Anyone have this happen to them before? Craigslist has brought out some weird texts and emails but this is a new one for me.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
    I sold my motorcycle on craigslist about a year ago. I get a text today from the guy saying he sold the bike and the dealership needs a copy of my drivers license. It was sold with a clear title and I have never had a dealership ask me for previous owner's ID when I trade in anything. Anyone have this happen to them before? Craigslist has brought out some weird texts and emails but this is a new one for me.
    probably, because he never changed it over to his name

Comment

Originally posted by littlemoney View Post

X2

Comment

Sol
        Vortex rear stand $75
        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
        My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
        11 4 door
        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
          Sol
          no shit. he probably wouldnt have gave a fuck about any redlight tickets or tolls sent your way, so tough shit for him imo.

Comment

Tell him to go get the title transferred to his name and pay the taxes and transfer fee or get bent...
            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by littlemoney View Post
              Didn't think about that. Well tough shit for him.
              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Always remove the tags and send in the form.

Comment

Had a buddy who did the same shit, just kept the title on him to prove ownership

Comment

Let them know a copy of your dl will cost them $300.

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                      Let them know a copy of your dl will cost them $300.
                      Basically this is what it boils down to really. Maybe 300 is steep, but your time and the hassle overall for anything he is failing to do should cost him money.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                        Didn't think about that. Well tough shit for him.
                        That is why you never let them leave with the license plates on the bike.

Comment

Tell him you will do it for a small fee ...He never transfered it over to his name.
                          Originally posted by Da Prez
                          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

That's why I don't like to post my number on craigslist. I don't see why people love to post their phone numbers. I sold a motorcycle a long time ago and I had to give the guy my number so we could meet. A month later he calls me for a refund.wtf
                            .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                              That's why I don't like to post my number on craigslist. I don't see why people love to post their phone numbers. I sold a motorcycle a long time ago and I had to give the guy my number so we could meet. A month later he calls me for a refund.wtf
                              If you place an add in a newspaper, auto trader or any of the other forms of selling items in the past you used your phones number for a contact so whats wrong with using it on craigslist?

Comment

Working...
                              X