Aamrq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aamrq

So, stock guru's, a good play? It's been brutalized yesterday and so far this morning. Oversold with the DOJ suit?
    Ford
    GM
    Toyota
    VAG

I don't know what is going on with the markets, but my goddamn mutual fund has had negative returns for 3 months. This is getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
      I don't know what is going on with the markets, but my goddamn mutual fund has had negative returns for 3 months. This is getting old.
      Have you tried hitting yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        Solid investment strategy.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Yes. That doesn't do anything but give me the weirdest boner.

Comment

That sucks. I've been investing in one that has returned me a little over 25% in the last 16-18 months.

Comment

sucks that fed wont announce a policy, everytime he talks or whispers anything everything drops.

Comment

What is it, fixed and EM?

What's the ticker?
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                  What is it, fixed and EM?

What's the ticker?
                  Fixed and EM?

I'm currently invested in 3 different funds, and only one has shown a return outside of dividends, and even it is in the negatives right now.

AMCPX (35% of portfolio) -0.21% <--- the only one that has shown a return at some point.
                  AMRMX (35%) -2.06%
                  AAFTX(30%) -2.24%

Keep in mind, these return rates are since 5/10, when I was eligible for the 401K here.

Comment

I think you're misreading something.
                    AMCPX was up over 5% in July and up 2.7% over 5/10/13 to 8/13/13
                    AMRMX up 4.1 % in July and 1.4% over the time frame you mentioned.
                    AMCPX was up 4.38% in July and 2.2% over the time period. I am curious to know why you're in a 2035 target date fund.
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

I'm gonna grab some down in the abyss. Not a lot but some

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                        I think you're misreading something.
                        AMCPX was up over 5% in July and up 2.7% over 5/10/13 to 8/13/13
                        AMRMX up 4.1 % in July and 1.4% over the time frame you mentioned.
                        AMCPX was up 4.38% in July and 2.2% over the time period. I am curious to know why you're in a 2035 target date fund.
                        I'm 30, but I need to get with my investment guy, I think that should have been a 2040 or 2045 target date fund. Should I not be fucking with those?

Comment

AAMRQ conference call was fairly worthless. Wasted an hour on that.

racrguy, you either do a catch all target date retirement fund and don't invest in other mutual funds (within that investment vehicle) or you don't do a target date retirement fund and pick and choose whichever mutual funds you think will work.

The target date fund probably has pieces of the other two mutual funds you already have. The whole purpose of a target date fund is to rebalance and allocate among multiple mutual funds in the American family and get more conservative (less risk) as you get closer to retirement age. It's one stop shopping and it's pretty good way to go for people that don't know what they're doing with retirement investing (which is 95%+ of the American public).
                          Ford
                          GM
                          Toyota
                          VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                            AAMRQ conference call was fairly worthless. Wasted an hour on that.

racrguy, you either do a catch all target date retirement fund and don't invest in other mutual funds (within that investment vehicle) or you don't do a target date retirement fund and pick and choose whichever mutual funds you think will work.

The target date fund probably has pieces of the other two mutual funds you already have. The whole purpose of a target date fund is to rebalance and allocate among multiple mutual funds in the American family and get more conservative (less risk) as you get closer to retirement age. It's one stop shopping and it's pretty good way to go for people that don't know what they're doing with retirement investing (which is 95%+ of the American public).
                            When I went to meet with my financial planner, I told him I wanted to be a bit more risky with some of the money (10% of income) and be a bit safer with what my employer was putting in (3% match), and this is the spread he chose. I fully well admit I don't know how to choose plans, but I have an idea on how much risk I want to take, I just expected better performance than this.

Comment

I just expected better performance than this.
                              Like I said, there's something going on with those returns. Those mutual funds returned the numbers I listed above for those time periods. I can't see the superscript 1 to see how the return since inception, etc, is being calculated. The portfolio return is obviously a weighted average of the 3 funds. It must be backing out additional fees, or isn't updating daily or something. Value is up around 22% this year, Growth is up around 17%. Does it change daily? Does that superscript 1 tell you that it's mutual fund performance after administrative fees or something?

Comment

Working...
                              X