Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Just Like Riding A Bike......

is the dumbest phrase of all time.

I decided to go buy a bike and hit the Trinity Trails this afternoon in hopes of it not killing my back like running does. Plus, I thought it'd be therapeutic and maybe I'd sleep for the first time in days. Wrong. The only therapeutic part will be painkillers. A guy rode down the middle wobbling and over towards me and I got startled. Next thing I know I'm flying over the bike down a huge gravel/rock hill right towards the Trinity River. Of course, wobbles didn't stop, but luckily I had a friend with me. I hit my noggin, tore up my left leg/thigh, both arms and hands. My face and twins are okay. I collected lots of gravel down my top, though. After anxiety attack from hell went away I somehow managed to bike back 5 miles uphill. So, next time I hear someone use that phrase I'm going to assume the task at hand sucks.

Any other decent places to ride in Fort Worth where an idiot who jumps on a bike after 10 years won't die?

Lmao maybe you should get a sidecar
    "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

Glad your OK. Back in May I got on my bike for the first time in 3 or 4 years 'cause of a stroke . Made about 20 feet before the wobbles won.

Not near the crash you had.

Hang in there.

Might be too far from Ft. Worth but Champion Trails in Irving is a fair run for starters.

I like White Rock when I can get there.

Comment

I would've thrown the bike into the river.

I second white rock lake also.
        Originally posted by talisman
        I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
        Originally posted by AdamLX
        If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        Because fuck you, that's why
        Originally posted by 80coupe
        nice dick, Idrivea4banger
        Originally posted by Rick Modena
        ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
        Originally posted by Jester
        Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Wear a helmet!

SLAPAHO

Comment

Paved trail in NRH. (Forget the name)

Knob Hill off 377 in Roanoke has easy sections but it can get narrow and people don't always go the right way.

Ride the paved sections of Horeshoe Trails in Grapevine.

Few other places Ill try and think of

Comment

on a side note, i have successfully taught Jr how to ride a bike. he is 6 i'm in carrollton if you would care to stop by for a refresher.

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

LOL I hopped on a bike for the first time in many years, and even riding a motorcycle doesnt keep you in the habit. It didnt help that I was about 8 beers at the time.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

riding a bike iz hard yo

Comment

River legacy, stay on the concrete. Glad youre okay!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                      on a side note, i have successfully taught Jr how to ride a bike. he is 6 i'm in carrollton if you would care to stop by for a refresher.

god bless.
                      Lol.

Comment

i'll take you around white rock!
                        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                          i'll take you around white rock!
                          Stranger danger!
                          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

faux show
                            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

I was on the sidewalk is the sad part. I have compression wrap ice packs on the 2 worst areas which are full of fluid. I'm going to give it another try if I can walk tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X