No announcement yet.

Where Do You Run......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hit the scuba lake over in terrell. Beautiful grounds, clear water, lot of fun. Takes my mind of any problems.

Comment

Long drive out to & around the country.
      sigpic

Comment

That is why I do triathlons, just focus on the task at hand. Have the open water, the back roads that I don't see many cars, and the same for the run. If I am not training it is woods and lake water, not much that doesn't cure.

Comment

The best hop in my falcon for a run to phoenix through the desert/flagstaff. Lots of stops to just stare at natural beauty if that's what gets you off. Also no radio and use ear buds for a small portion of the trip.

I found this to sooth my soul on a whim one Sunday around 2 pm I decided to see how far west I could get before sunset. Ended up at Stink Creek road the other side of Abilene. Got some nice pics of the sun set/railroad tracks/car chilled and came back. Only slept for 3 hours or so before work but was refreshed as ever and had a relaxed euphoric feeling for a week.

Seems like my any "vacation" with planning turns into everything but. No planning = best damn times ever.

For close by possum kingdom/graham, plenty of side roads to just get lost on, watch a sunset.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
            Go to the edge of Alliance and watch the airplanes. For some reason, watching airplanes flying in the sky wondering where they are going and coming from is soothing to me.
            AA planes are going to dfw. Did I just ruin it for you?

Comment

I just get good and drunk.
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Usually some cove on a lake. Throwing out a cast every once in awhile while the birds chirp. The sound of the ocean is also a way to relax if you live near one

Comment

I don't think anyone in this thread has suffered a worse 2 weeks than me. Everything happens all at once but I'm gonna recoup and carry on.

Comment

If I need to get away? Pick up my bass, turn the music up and drown out the world. Either that or I go outside and mess with the race car. I don't have any place specific I need to go, just away from other people.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                      If I need to get away? Pick up my bass, turn the music up and drown out the world.
                      If you can play this flawlessly then you and I can be besties.

Comment

Here's a few of my favorite getaways:
                        Stay in style in the heart of east Texas. We have everything from top notch shorthorn cattle to the relaxing gettaway you have always wanted.

Secluded Texas Hill country bed and breakfast located 22 miles southwest of Llano, Texas.

If I really need to drop out of site Big Bend is great

Comment

As odd as it sounds just a few miles away. Couple good size hills with a lot of brush and trees off long ave. put the truck in 4wd to get up and the kill the lights and chill out
                          07 f250-family truckster
                          08 Denali -baby hauler
                          52 f1-rust bucket
                          05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                          livin the double-wide dream

Comment

we just got back from San Antonio and we had a great time. It was very relaxing. We stayed at The Crockett Hotel which is right next to The Alamo, Dinner at Mortons, a Carriage ride around downtown, drinks at Pat O'brians piano bar and back to a rose petal covered bed at the Hotel.......a good time was had by all!! After 23 years my wife says I still have a romantic side.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                              I just get good and drunk.
                              This
                              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I usually hit the golf course to get away from work or problems at home.

Comment

Working...
                                X