Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone up for early season snow in Keystone CO ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keystone has exceeded its average monthly rainfall for September by a half inch, and it's not even halfway into the month.

Looking forward to dumps in the snow season.
    Jay Johnson
    Car hauler for hire

Comment

I've sent off the funds for the condo week, so I am committed to going and quite frankly I cannot wait.

I need to know who is ready to commit with the condo cost split.

and as luck would have it, a recent opportunity has developed and I have a line on 2 discounted lift passes. Another chuck of money off of the trip costs.
      Commit to the trip, and get into this opportunity. Only 2 are available.

Just need to come up with the condo split asap, and you will have access to the discounted passes. It's going to be cheaper than the cost of my lift pass.

Send me a PM if you are ready to get in on this deal. Now it's strong as hell.

Also, gas prices have come down pretty good in the last couple weeks and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it might crack into sub-$3.00 a gallon for mid-November driving. Saving more bucks off of the travel cost.
      As you have heard in the news, Colorodo has received loads of precipitation. This is a good sign that there should be good snow come November. Plus Keystone has the snow-makers too.
      Jay Johnson
      Car hauler for hire

Comment

Image is an auto-updated pic of the bottom of RiverRun in Keystone.

Shaping up to be a a good early-season.
        Last edited by jayjohnson600; 09-26-2013, 09:50 AM.
        Jay Johnson
        Car hauler for hire

Comment

A little bit of snow in keystone. Still too warm to last, but getting closer.

Anyone want to go Nov 16-23 ?
          Jay Johnson
          Car hauler for hire

Comment

Araphoe Basin opened this week. 18inch base, 7inches of snow in the last 3 days. Only 1 trail is open, but this is a good sign so early in the season.

Jay Johnson
            Car hauler for hire

Comment

The lake is starting to freeze over. Snowmakers will soon be running to get the base up, it's a week before the season opener at Keystone.

Jay Johnson
              Car hauler for hire

Comment

Got back from my week in Keystone. The conditions were very impressive for early season. Best i've seen in 5 seasons. Easily matching high season conditions. No pun intended, although mj was detected in lots of places.
                I was propositioned on the shuttle one evening, the fellow said he had a little bit and I was promptly shown a QP

Too bad only 1 other person signed on for the condo-share. The place was awesome, and tons of money was saved.

So, 6 inches of snow dumped the day before I got there. Then another 5 inches of snow my first day on the slopes. Power, powder, powder! No slush to be found anywhere.

Another dump came in mid-week for 12 inches followed by 2 inches the next day. Another 2 inches on my last day on the slopes. Both Keystone and A-Basin had near-perfect conditions(a little less white-out would have made it perfect). And conditions prevailed all week folks. Only 2 days had crowds providing traffic, and that dispersed after lunch.

I suppose there was one significant issue. Thursday, my gondola was hi-jacked by a bandito!
                He busted in and said he wants the GOLD!

Reward offered for anyone who can identify and capture this character

I know he's still at-large, because we met again on the gondola Friday!
                Jay Johnson
                Car hauler for hire

Comment

Shawn White? Nice!

Comment

Shaun White, olympic snowboarding gold medalist, X-games gold medalist snowboarding and skateboarding, and generally a nice guy.

Jay Johnson
                    Car hauler for hire

Comment

Originally posted by jayjohnson600 View Post
                      Shaun White, olympic snowboarding gold medalist, X-games gold medalist snowboarding and skateboarding, and generally a nice guy.

Badass! I can't see him without thinking of his character in Friends With Benefits where he keeps threatening Justin Timberlake...

Comment

So what did I win?

Comment

You win the opportunity to join in the condo-share on my next ski trip

I just need to score another deal on a condo.
                          Jay Johnson
                          Car hauler for hire

Comment

Working...
                          X