Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATED....Latest car buying experience!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATED....Latest car buying experience!!

So on Saturday I purchased a 2007 BMW 335i from Toyota of Dallas. VERY clean looking, very well maintained (at least I was thinking and still do) and only 24000 miles. After the test drive and I agree to purchase the vehicle (with them getting me a second key/fob), they are to take the car to detail and gas her up. In the meantime I am in finance and talking to one of the finance managers. We're talking warranty and I eventually decide against it. He then gets mad and tells me that I may want to go to my bank and get financing from them and he was going to talk to the manager to see if he could still give me financing. . So he comes back, we get everything ironed out and its about 930-1000pm and I get my car "delivered". It was still dirty and had my handprint on it from shutting the hood(didn't notice this until after I had to get gas, yes I had to get gas. As I walked to my car the sales girl told me she had bad news because my car wasn't like a normal car and it needs premium gas, which they don't have. mind you the car has 18 mi to empty. She tells me it will be a "bonding moment" filling it up for my first tank of gas. again

Fast Forward to Monday. After driving the car on Sunday I noticed at low speed a rub or grind from the front right wheel. I took it to a local shop thinking maybe it was a possible wheel bearing. Winds up it was a bent wheel. I e-mail the General Manager at the dealership and notify him about my experience. I get the sales girl e-mailing me Tuesday about bringing her a receipt for gas. So I go and pick up my Civic I left there (I couldn't get there until tuesday since I live in Keller and it was about a 45 min drive, needed a ride) give her the receipt for a fill up and I ask about the key. They said they want me to BRING them my car, so THEY can take it to BMW in Dallas to get a key made. I told them I can't since my hours at work are crazy and a saturday morning would be best. They then tell me that I could bring it there, DROP it off and I could MAYBE get a loaner car. Why I can't take it to the BMW dealership myself, I don't know. I suggest I take it to BMW in Fort Worth, since it's closer, and I can't because they dont have a purchase order for them. They are still insisting on me taking my car that I just bought so they can take it to BMW. Complete inconvenience for me!

So today was the first day I could do anything about getting the wheels checked. I took it to Discount Tire and THREE OF THE FOUR wheels are bent! ?!?!? I was thinking with new tires and a CLEAN car with only 24,000 miles I wouldn't have 3 bent wheels especially when they "inspect" the vehicle. I mean with the wheels it's a safety thing, extra wear on the bearings and tires are going to last nowhere as they should! So now I am trying to get a hold of the GM and I can't.

I think that it is BS that a big name dealership would have customer service such as this. Granted it is a Toyota Dealership I never thought there would be so much back and forth and not going the extra mile to help the customer or catering to their needs. My family and I have bought numerous vehicles and have never experienced anything like this.

Am I outta line for expecting better service than this?

Update 1 - I just got an e-mail wanting me to bring it to them tomorrow morning.

UPDATE 2 - Sorry guys, I didn't got discount tire commercial on their ass. The Parts/service director (previous owner) was really cool about everything. We shot shit about the car for a lil bit, he put the car on the lift and before I knew it, he sent the 3 bent wheels out to get fixed, I should have them back tomorrow AND sets me up with a rental/loaner car. Apologized stating he didn't even know they were bent when he owned the car. Went though and checked the brakes, knuckle, ball joints, bearings pretty much everything to make sure everything was good. Also my Mileage got fixed on the paperwork and will be mailed to me next week but will still need to make an appt for the extra key. All in all not a bad experience after having to make a few issues known and now getting them fixed
    Last edited by gav91183; 08-09-2013, 02:31 PM.

That really sucks.

If you were wanting to go to Autobahn they have been lousy as can be for a few months now just to keep you from another bad experience.

Comment

Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
      That really sucks.

If you were wanting to go to Autobahn they have been lousy as can be for a few months now just to keep you from another bad experience.
      Either there or Arlington at Moritz. Hell even I could take it to dallas on a saturday. But at least let me take it when I need to

Comment

My brother in law got fucked by ToD about 12 years ago, I was smart enough to pay attention to his situation. I would have walked as soon as the finance manager started acting like a dick.

Comment

Welcome to the world of big dealerships fucking you over. You wanna know what they do? They buy the fucker from auction, they clean it, and set it on the lot. There is no inspection, there is no driving it, nothing. If you declined the warranty and signed an AS IS no warranty sticker, then they don't have to do a damned thing.

Comment

Originally posted by gav91183 View Post
            Either there or Arlington at Moritz. Hell even I could take it to dallas on a saturday. But at least let me take it when I need to
            You clearly are not mean enough or scary enough if you haven't had that GM on the phone kissing your ass by now.

Comment

Just got this e-mail, this may get interesting....

Mr.XXXXXXX,

Thank you for your recent purchase from Toyota of Dallas. The exceptional 335i you purchased was formerly owned by me, so it is with great concern that I learned of a bent wheel. As a ‘car guy’, I am very fastidious and attentive with regards to my vehicles- especially that one. The only defects I were aware of was some curb rash on the wheels that was there when I bought the car and unfortunately never addressed.

Please bring the car to the Service Drive here at your earliest convenience so that we may verify your mechanics findings and determine the necessary corrective action.

For the promptest possible service please ask for me when you arrive!

Best Regards,

Comment

I also had a bad experience with ToD. I would never buy there again.

Comment

Caveat emptor... buying a used car as-is if there are items that you wanted fixed, get it in writing, finalize the deal, and don't take delivery until they have it ready. The wheels you are probably f'd if you didn't notice it during the test drive... The gas issue is bs, I had a similar experience where for whatever reason they weren't able to fill it up at the dealership, but before leaving the sales guy rode with me to the local corner store filled the car up and I dropped him off at the dealer before heading home.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                    Welcome to the world of big dealerships fucking you over. You wanna know what they do? They buy the fucker from auction, they clean it, and set it on the lot. There is no inspection, there is no driving it, nothing. If you declined the warranty and signed an AS IS no warranty sticker, then they don't have to do a damned thing.
                    JC, actually the parts director was the previous owner.

Comment

Actually, I was about to say fuck 'em and bring it back, but at least they are willing to make it right....

Should also still be under factory warranty so I'd take it to BMW for the "check up"...

And ToD can suck a ballsack.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                        Actually, I was about to say fuck 'em and bring it back, but at least they are willing to make it right....

Should also still be under factory warranty so I'd take it to BMW for the "check up"...

And ToD can suck a ballsack.
                        Nope! Not under factory warranty. 4 year/50,000 miles

Comment

Originally posted by gav91183 View Post
                          Nope! Not under factory warranty. 4 year/50,000 miles
                          Missed the year, was just thinking mileage...

With 3 bent wheels, that car has been horse fucked... I'd look for another. In Dallas, BMW 3 series are more than plentiful....

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                            Missed the year, was just thinking mileage...

With 3 bent wheels, that car has been horse fucked... I'd look for another. In Dallas, BMW 3 series are more than plentiful....
                            can't take it back... Texas Attorney General laws. I looked it up unless I misread something. Can anyone help me out?

Comment

Sorry about your experience. I've never had good luck with any Metroplex Toyota dealers. They are all the balloons, 4 square, donkey riding, bullshit type dealerships. Toyota of Grapevine can suck a big one until the end of time. ToD seems to be the same. Never bought from them, but have wasted several hours of my time many years ago trying to negotiate a deal for an ex-gf and then leaving in disgust.
                              Ford
                              GM
                              Toyota
                              VAG

Comment

Working...
                              X