Learn how to take a pitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learn how to take a pitch

I don't remember this part of baseball practice, I could see maybe hitting them once so you know what it feels like and not to be scared.

An Ellis County coach has been convicted of criminal charges for hitting one of his young players repeatedly with baseballs.

Prosecutors say Ron Santos, 26, threw as many as 15 pitches at the teenager ranging in speed from 60-80 miles per hour. The hits left the 15-year-old covered in bruises. Santos called it “training” to teach the players how to take a pitch.

However, a jury convicted Santos of a Class A misdemeanor, Assault with Bodily Injury and sentenced him to 15 days of jail, a $500 fine and 18 months of community supervision.

I'd say 80 mph is probably too much to intentionally hit them, but 60-70 should be fine. LOLz @ this guy:

“It would be like teaching kids to step into the street to get hit by a car. Just stand there and say ‘I’m gonna hit you with a car, turn the right way, because if you got hit by a really fast car, it could kill you.’”

It'll leave a bruise for a week or so, nothing more.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
      I don't remember this part of baseball practice, I could see maybe hitting them once so you know what it feels like and not to be scared.

An Ellis County coach has been convicted of criminal charges for hitting one of his young players repeatedly with baseballs.

Prosecutors say Ron Santos, 26, threw as many as 15 pitches at the teenager ranging in speed from 60-80 miles per hour. The hits left the 15-year-old covered in bruises. Santos called it “training” to teach the players how to take a pitch.

However, a jury convicted Santos of a Class A misdemeanor, Assault with Bodily Injury and sentenced him to 15 days of jail, a $500 fine and 18 months of community supervision.
      "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
        I was reading about that movie on IMDB the other day. Apparently, Justin Long got a small cut from the first rubber wrench they threw at him. The others were made softer.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Coach always taught his players how to take a hit!!

Comment

I got beaned every game for the first season I played Dixie League. I learned how to take a pitch better than I could hit the ball. I used that to be #1 in the league at base stealing until J.D. joined the team. He was a touch faster than me and had 2 more steals by the end of my last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
              I got beaned every game for the first season I played Dixie League. I learned how to take a pitch better than I could hit the ball. I used that to be #1 in the league at base stealing until J.D. joined the team. He was a touch faster than me and had 2 more steals by the end of my last season.
              I didn't play much baseball but that is how I got on base when I did.
              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I was the warmup catcher, as a lefty with a first basemen's mitt. Our #1 starter had a knuckleball and was a dick. I had lots of bruises.

Never had a coach tell me to get drilled on purpose though.

Comment

wow i played baseball with Ron in high school at Fossil Ridge. This is very shocking..but i can say he was the big douche.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                    I've never heard that before, but I figure it would make more sense if it was,
                    "If you could dodge a war, then you could dodge a ball."

As for the coach doing that, I think that is a little much. It will hurt as much the 50th time he gets hit as it did the first. I don't see how that is going to benefit him any. It seems like it would make him even more conscience of getting hit.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                      I've never heard that before, but I figure it would make more sense if it was,
                      "If you could dodge a war, then you could dodge a ball."
                      Haha, it's from Dodgeball the movie.

Comment

LOL. I haven't seen that movie yet. One day..

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Binky View Post
                              Haha.. I like that scene too.

I also think it's funny when he admits to her he was using light loads because he is a "softy".

Comment

Working...
                              X