U.S. Virgin Islands, talk to me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Virgin Islands, talk to me...

Don't need a passport and more importantly, no messicans like Cancun or Cabo...

I thought I saw a thread where someone just went, was it Jen?
    Anywho, where to stay and which island?
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

I've only been to St. Thomas out of the 3 but it's really nice, great beaches. I went on a couple cruises and that was one of the destinations.

Comment

Went to St. Thomas years ago very nice beaches clear blue water

Comment

I went to st. Croix as a teenager and stayed with my girlfriends family. I just remember the weather was amazing and the water was crystal clear. Also going down in the city was really neat with all of the old buildings. I didn't do any resort style vacation but I loved it.

Comment

Isn't it insane expensive to fly there? And then the resorts on top of that are high...

Comment

Get a passport. Expands your options 100 fold.
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Get with Robert or Jen, Henry.

Comment

Subscribing. This is going to be my next vacation. I do know, Robert loves Bolongo Bay resort. That is where they always stayed.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Henry, if you still have my number, shoot me a text. I just got back about a month ago and have several options. I stayed at Bolongo Bay for 10 days, and I stayed at another resort for 4 days, there are also a few condos/apartments for rent that I can help you out with.

Comment

I'd like to know more on the Virgin Islands. Now that SW flies there and my passes are activated, we're considering going. We also have a hook-up in Hawaii (for a place to stay), and I've also always wanted to go there. To do Hawaii properly, I'd like to have 10 days, but that won't happen soon.

Comment

Hands down, my favorite resort is Bolongo Bay. They run several specials throughout the year. November to June is tourist season. July-October is the island's off season and rates are better. Calling the resort will typically get you a better deal than Priceline. They love guest referrals, so they may give better rates if you drop my name.
                      Upside: All-inclusive option with very few surcharges. Snorkeling excursions, sunset cruises, and a dive shop on site. Beach front property on a private beach. Beach front rooms are steps from the beach. Family owned and run, and the subscribe to the "Old Saint Thomas" mentality with a West Indian staff and formalities.
                      The downside: it's a small resort and it's not the cheapest on the island.

I stayed at Sugar Bay on the airline's buck when TS Chantal was blowing through. Sugar Bay is bigger, it's very nice, it has ridiculously cheap all inclusive rates, so there were a lot of recent grads and college kids. It's also a haven for families doing multi-generation trips. It's family owned, but managed by a corporate management company. It's very Americanized. The front house staff is primarily American, and the back of the house is West Indian. IMO, it lacks the culture that I fell in love with. Room views are hit or miss, but the ocean view rooms are incredible. It is in no way handicapped accessible, unless there was access that I missed. To get from the rooms to the beach, pool, and beach bar, you're walking 100+ stairs from the side of a cliff. On the upside, they had a kids program and a ton of scheduled activities, as well as scuba rental set up.

Their all-inclusive rates are dirt cheap, but there are a ton of surcharges on top shelf liquor and on the menus. They had several dining options for lunch and dinner, but breakfast was only buffet. The food was decent, but no where near the quality and selection at Bolongo.

If price is an issue, you're traveling with wife/kids/grand kids, or you prefer a more corporate feel, Sugar Bay may be a better option.

If you want to go with a condo, I can get you some links to condos owned by the owners of Bolongo. I'm actually going with the condo option next year, since I didn't spend nearly as much time at Bolongo this year and didn't get my money's worth out of the all-inclusive option, even with my discount.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                        Get a passport. Expands your options 100 fold.
                        This.
                        Originally posted by lincolnboy
                        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Working...
                        X