Hair Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair Loss

well Im 33 years old and recently my hair has really seemed to start to thin a little. And I notice more falls out now when I wash, comb, etc.

I wouldnt say Im bald by any means, I just have a little receding hair line, but Iv had this look for a long time. I always thought maybe I bypassed being bald since Im 33 and still have most my hair. But recently with it falling out more (cant really tell by looks, but i notice more on my bathroom counter, etc) im a bit worried.

iv never really done any real research, but im not cool with being bald or really losing much more hair, so what are my real options? not gimmics...

rogaine? I heard it doesnt work, i heard it does? i heard it makes more fall out? have to do it everyday for rest of your life?

laser treatment? who knows? i know nothing about this

hair plugs? seems like the breast implants for men's hair i guess... seems like it would be best overall solution... but what are the negatives? how much would this cost? who is best doctor in DFW to see?

I'm 35 and the past year the front of mine has really started to thin as well.

Rogaine? Fuck that, you have to use it every day and even years later, stop using it and it all falls out.

When it's time to let it go, just let it go... Just think, you could be like Don and be 31 and bald as fuck...

Comment

If it happens when you wash and comb - the answer is simple... Stop washing and combing your hair. You are obviously offending it and that's why it is leaving you.

Comment

Accept it. Keep your dignity and just trim with a #1.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
          Lol these ads are quick when you aren't logged in!

This is what shows up in this thread.

Comment

I have a monkey butt growing, fuck it I'm married.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
              yep.

Comment

A toupe is the obvious solution here. May there be no strong winds your way!

Comment

Yeah, mine was not bad until about 5 years ago and is getting worst. Now I just take a set of clippers and shave it evenly. F 'it. I may start doing the cue ball thing eventually, but at the end of the day it is what it is and there is no shame in it.

I attribute it to my high brain power burning off the the hair.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Also, if this is not a sign of the site getting old, nothing is...

hahaha
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I've had the male pattern baldness thing going since I was 22. Fuck it, just embrace it. I wish I was completely hairless like Powder.

Comment

Fight it all the way man! Use Rogaine and see if it works. I tried the walmart brand for a month and it didn't seem to work although it says to use it for about 2 months. I may try Rogaine next. I'm not ready to be bald...

I won't mind shaving once I get my Vin Diesel bod!!111

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                          Also, if this is not a sign of the site getting old, nothing is...

hahaha
                          My best friend started to loose his hair in middle school by high school almost bald on top, now he really has none.

Comment

36 and it's a thick/thin as it ever has been. My dad had what he referred to as a 'Donkey dick' on the front, that little 2" x 3" patch that makes no sense. To cover it up once he purchased a can of spray on hair, which was essentially like dry-fall paint. We were in a parking lot so I spray painted his head with this crap. From a distance it looked like he had hair, up close, like sub 10', it looked like he was an extra for Galaxy Quest.

The reaction of people was truly great but he was owning it. As we walked (We were at some outdoor mall) it began to rain and the spray began to run down his head like wet bird shit on to his shirt. Never did he waiver in his commitment to his new "hair". It looked like a stripper's mascara running, but down his neck.

Comment

Originally posted by sean88gt View Post
                              36 and it's a thick/thin as it ever has been. My dad had what he referred to as a 'donkey dick' on the front, that little 2" x 3" patch that makes no sense. To cover it up once he purchased a can of spray on hair, which was essentially like dry-fall paint. We were in a parking lot so i spray painted his head with this crap. From a distance it looked like he had hair, up close, like sub 10', it looked like he was an extra for galaxy quest.

The reaction of people was truly great but he was owning it. As we walked (we were at some outdoor mall) it began to rain and the spray began to run down his head like wet bird shit on to his shirt. Never did he waiver in his commitment to his new "hair". It looked like a stripper's mascara running, but down his neck.
                              lofl
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                              X