X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas husband shoots 2 bank robbers that abducted him, his wife

Don't mess with Texas, bitches!

Texas husband shoots 2 bank robbers that abducted him, his wife, police say

COLUMBUS, Texas – Authorities say a Houston-area man turned the tables on two bank robbery suspects who had abducted him and his wife by pulling a gun on the unsuspecting duo and shooting them both, killing one of them.

The suspects apparently knew that the woman worked at the First National Bank of Eagle Lake in Columbus, and they abducted her and her husband at gunpoint at their residence north of the city on Thursday and drove them back to the bank, Columbus County Sheriff's Sgt. Andrew Weido told Houston television station KHOU.

The suspects forced the woman to taken an undisclosed amount of money from the bank, then forced the husband to drive them in his truck down Highway 71, Weido said. It was then that the husband grabbed a gun that was in the truck and fired at the suspects, he said.

Officers who responded to a 911 call found both suspects lying on the ground near the truck suffering from gunshot wounds. They were taken to different hospitals, where one of them was pronounced dead. The other suspect remained hospitalized in critical condition Friday. Columbus County authorities didn't respond to calls for comment Saturday.

Investigators didn't disclose the couple's names or say how much money the woman was forced to take from the bank. Investigators have not released the name of the couple or how much money they were forced to take out.

Those who know the couple said that the community has their back.

"I'm sure that they're both going to be upset for a while," resident Brenda Buehler said. "It's a frightening thing to have happen, but I think everybody's going to tell them good job."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/04...#ixzz2bKBHlxFb

Way to stay cool and collected. Good job!

Comment

sucks the other robber didn't die too, drama to follow for the shooter

Comment

Good for him!
        '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
        '13 Dodge Cummins
        '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Excellent.
          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Love it, bad guys getting f'd up for the win!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ View Post
              sucks the other robber didn't die too, drama to follow for the shooter
              He is in critical condition so he might not make it, If he does hopefully they throw his ass in the gutter.
              Street car.

Comment

Great job!

If I were the husband, I'd say some of the money blew out of the truck when the shots were fired, not sure where it went!

Comment

Money? There was a guy that looked like Rob that the one guy handed the bag off to, couldn't catch him because I was too busy shooting this guy over here...

I mean hell, if that nigga be dead, how could he possibly call the cracka a liar?
                  www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Apparently the Husband was a Sheriff's Deputy? Cop or not, atta boy!

Comment

Yup good for him
                      2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Husband did a good job staying calm and waiting for the right moment.
                        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Good job! I wonder how he reacted when they made him take his truck where he knew he had a gun there.
                          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                            Good job! I wonder how he reacted when they made him take his truck where he knew he had a gun there.

Comment

The funny thing is that the surviving robber will be charged with capital murder for the death of his accomplices.
                              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                              X