Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
    Taking notes.......... Thanks Leah
    I just got back from staying a week at the Barceló Maya Riviera all-inclusive resort, which is just south of Playa, and had a very nice and relaxing vacation. Lots of families, and not at all a party atmosphere, save for the one night that a wedding party got a little raucous in the main bar. We never left the property, but there is plenty to do in the area if you want to venture out. Tulum is right there if you want to check out some Mayan ruins.

Comment

we booked our playa trip last week. We are going in Oct and staying at THE Royal (a Real resort) (we have stayed at this resort before) adults only, walk out the front door and you can shop at the playa shops area and if you listen to 106.1 you can even walk to Big Al's bar
      1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
        we booked our playa trip last week. We are going in Oct and staying at THE Royal (a Real resort) (we have stayed at this resort before) adults only, walk out the front door and you can shop at the playa shops area and if you listen to 106.1 you can even walk to Big Al's bar
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Been to Cancun and Akumal in Mexico. I enjoyed Punta Cana,DR we stayed at Majestic Elegance and it was nice. Nice resort and awesome beach, highly recommend.

Comment

I've been to both and I thought the resort at Cancun was better, but the beach at DR was a lot better.

Comment

All inclusive adults only FTW

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                another vote for Playa Del Carmen and surrounding areas.
                My parents just did that, all inclusive they said you were not even aloud to tip the people in restaurants

Comment

Originally posted by 01vnms4v View Post
                  My parents just did that, all inclusive they said you were not even aloud to tip the people in restaurants
                  Not sure what you're getting at. We tipped when it was appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                    All inclusive adults only FTW
                    Definitely leaning towards adults only.

Thanks for everyone's input. Almost sounds like a 50/50 split on decision. I got time to do some research. Need to find a good travel agent.

Comment

We stayed at the Aura in CZ, it was pretty laid back and nice, adults only, and top shelf booze.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
                        Do not go to Cancun. Playa del Carmen is the shit. All-inclusive and I highly recommend the Iberostar resort. I've been to the area 10 times and stayed at different properties. This was, by far, my favorite.
                        She rode there on her cowskin wrapped broom. CHOOOOOCHOOOOO$$$$$$
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Another vote for Playa, but I wouldn't do Cancun.
                          sigpic

Comment

Belize.

/thread.

Comment

I'm going to Punta Cana next March, I'll let you know...

<-- no cow skin rugs on my G5..... yet...

Comment

I'd like to see the Dominican Republic (and Puerto Rico) at some point, but I've never been.

Personally I would stay away from Cancun. It's a dirty place, very touristy. If you've never been to Mexico and are nervous about it, maybe this is the kind of place you would want to go since it feels like Grand Prairie, except with a beautiful beach. Draw your own conclusions as to what that means.

It all depends on what you want to do. No matter what, I would suggest Playa del Carmen over Cancun. If you just want to look at a nice beach and sip on booze, then this is the place. There is also a lot of stuff to do in the area, like snorkeling (Cozumel is a 20-minute boat ride away), or cenote exploring, or deep sea fishing, etc. I'd also suggest Tulum. It is the most beautiful place I have ever been, but it isn't a "resort" area like the 1000-room kinda resorts you have at Cancun and PdC. It's a little expensive, a little remote, you have to actually plan your transportation and meals to an extent, and there's a pretty good chance the place you stay won't have a/c. But if you really want to get away, this is it.
                                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Working...
                                X