wheel math? BS question inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel math? BS question inside

is my thinking correct that a wheel with 4.75in backspacing and a -6mm offset would come out to be a 4.51378 backspaced wheel?? i think i have a pretty good understanding of backspace, offset and basic math. im sure you will correct me if i'm wrong anywhere in my thought process. thanks folks!

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

I always thought the backspacing number already takes the offset into account.
    So, the wheel has 4.75" backspacing with -6mm offset. If you remove the offset, your wheel would have a 4.98622 backspacing...
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

in further research after your post, i guess you ues one or the other, not both.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
        in further research after your post, i guess you ues one or the other, not both.

god bless.
        Offset = mounting surface distance from centerline
        Backspacing = mounting surface distance from inside edge (lip, not bead seat)

It's basically two different reference planes.

Last edited by Strychnine; 08-07-2013, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X