Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mid 80s Rolls Royce a bad idea for a daily?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

This place isn't exactly the prime resource for this shit. The backwoods motherfuckers on here don't think anything will run that's not a foxbody or C5 Corvette.

But seriously, it's a terrible fucking idea. This coming from someone who owns an Alfa.

Comment

This website is the center of the universe, Brad.
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
          That's the fucking truth, isn't it?

Comment

I'd go for a 500/560 SEC over a RR from the 80's any day.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
              Thanks for the update chief.

Comment

All I can tell you is a radiator hose is $360. They are made from a special material to contain the orphan tears used to cool the engine.
                Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Ok ok ok.

How about this 64 Caddy Fleetwood?

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                    Ok ok ok.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1964-...orcev4exp=true
                    rust bucket.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                      Ok ok ok.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1964-...orcev4exp=true
                      that's too much for a 4 door

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                        rust bucket.
                        This

Comment

dammit

Comment

80's rolls sounds like an interesting swap project. It may take some effort to swap out all the cancer on things like windows, locks, wiring, etc. Hell I'd probably swap everything if I was going to swap drivetrain just for peace of mind. Would be pretty nice to make nice power and sound, and do it in a rolls royce package

Comment

One thing I have learned the hard way, it never pays to have a nice daily. Get cheap with the daily, and buy yourself a nice weekend car.

Comment

I saw this about a team that ran a lemons event in one:

A bit of background on how the brakes work on this car, bear with me. If you care, or skip this paragraph. There are three separate hydraulic systems involved in the brakes. There are two separate high pressure systems using cam drive pumps and Citroen accumulators that make up the high pressure side of the system. There is a third system, which is a low pressure normal brake master cylinder which only operates the lower set of opposing pistons on the 4 piston rear calipers. All 4 (yes 4) front calipers are driven from the two different high pressure systems, as are the upper set of pistons in the rear calipers. The biggest reason there is this little low pressure system is to give a normal brake pedal feel. The high pressure system is just a series of valves letting high pressure through (up to 2500 PSI), and gives no feedback. In later years, they removed the low pressure system and just fitting a rubber donut under the pedal to give feedback. The fluid is a mix of castor oil and dot 3, and people at the store look at you funny when you buy castor oil in bulk.

So, we blew a hard line, which was a bubble flare, but the fitting was not exactly metric and not exactly English. We had to use some parts store bubble flares with the fittings from the rolls, and then make normal double flares in the middle to join them together, then bleed all 10 brake bleeding ports in the car. This took up most of Saturday, but we got it back out for the checker, just for the driver to report having almost no brakes as he pulled into the paddock at the checker. We tore into the “rat trap” of brake linkages and hoses under the driver’s floor and found that the low pressure master was nearly new, so bled everything out again, everything was tight and sealed and working and we knew that even if we lost the low pressure system again, it was OK as both high pressure systems were working.
                                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                                X