autocad help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• autocad help

Anyone here familiar with autocad 2007 or use it on a daily basis?

What kind of help are you needing?

Comment

never used it, my boss got me a copy and expects me to draw up a cart for cytec from pictures he sent me and a really piss poor drawing with a couple of measurements, no where all the info needed i would guess

Comment

YouTube...that's how I learned advanced proE

Comment

Post the drawing...I'll see if I can explain any dims

Comment

That's a bit of a stretch, CAD takes time to learn and even more time to become proficient. Are you looking for 2d, 3d, isometric? You can email me you have and I'll take a look at it. PM coming.

Comment

sean.. pm replied.

only other information i was given was
              "40 wide"
              "8 1/2 base"
              "4k rated"
              the 40 wide is inches i believe. no clue what the 8 1/2 base is. he handed it to me on my way to the hospital with a 102 fever and pukes. so i really dont remember much of it. or if anything more was said

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Comment

Figure you're going to have to create every part individually and assemble it. The drawing part isn't hard, just time consuming and tedious. The problem is that if he wants it accurate and to scale then he hasn't given you near enough information to go on.

How accurate is he wanting it?

Comment

The big roll looking things are not part of the cart. That's just what Cytec sets on them. It's suppose to hold 4 rolls, you can see one space at top and very bottom that are empty in the pictures.
                  There isn't near enough dimensions given i know that. So assumably as accurate as I can get with what I'm given. He did not specify. Ill shoot him a text and ask

Comment

Are you basically recteating that cart for them? Or is it a cart to transport their rolls of composites through the facility. I could probably get you some dimensions for roll width, my mom worked there for 20 years

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

okay i asked my boss, "on the cart, all steel? are those locking mechanisms for the rolls on the back? and 2d, 3d, or isometric drawing? not a lot of dimensions or anything given. makes it hard"
                      his response was "yes, yes and yes" wtf.....
                      so now im waiting on which style drawing he wants and if theres any info on the locking mechanisms.

Comment

black, both. they need more carts, its how they move them around.

worst comes to worst, ill just have to go out there tomorrow and get all the measurements. its only right up the road from work.

Comment

Here is what I've learned about CAD draftsmen, they aren't creative people. The just make engineered specs look pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                            Here is what I've learned about CAD draftsmen, they aren't creative people. The just make engineered specs look pretty.
                            haha, that makes sense. Otherwise how can you draft something up without measurements?? Just like there are locking mechanisms for those rolls, well hell, no measurements then there's no telling where it needs to go.

Comment

update. it doesnt have to be accurate, only "crutial" thing is the wheels have to be under 9 inches tall, he said make them 8"
                              this is such a cluster fuck!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X