No announcement yet.

Interviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our company is hiring a new office admin (receptionist) and the HR guy flew in from Houston to do interviews. He had 11 scheduled, and only 5 showed up. The other 6 were no-call, no-shows. I was shocked at the lack of professional courtesy, even if it is just for an admin job.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      This right here.

I've been on a few interviews lately. I know what I'm worth, and this is not a negotiation. No, I won't take X, and be up for a review/raise after 90 days. No, I'm not interested in less than half of my current salary. And I really only get that kind of shit, from the handful of jobs I've considered outside of my industry. I'd much rather get that nonsense out of the way up front, so neither of us waste our time. Unfortunately, that is frowned upon.
      Im not sure what the issue with that is either. I had to submit a resume, have a phone interview, go through the dog and pony show at thier corperate office, only to get a BS offer. The phone interviewer said they couldnt discuss pay.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
        Im not sure what the issue with that is either. I had to submit a resume, have a phone interview, go through the dog and pony show at thier corperate office, only to get a BS offer. The phone interviewer said they couldnt discuss pay.
        I can see it from the potential employer's view. They don't want to discuss pay until they are sure you're going to be a good fit. And pay varies wildly based on skills and experience. I get that, I just wish they'd all stop being so vague. And they do that on purpose, which is to get more applications/resumes.

I just don't like beating around the bush. Even when I'm working deals, I don't play around. Give me a fucking number, and let's move on down the road. We're both too busy to do this dance.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
          My son is a recent A&M grad. What do you have and where are you located?

Thanks,
          Randy
          Congrats on your sons' graduation. A&M is a great school, and I wish him luck with his job search!

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
            Congrats on your sons' graduation. A&M is a great school, and I wish him luck with his job search!
            Spoken like a true Longhorn man.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
              Our company is hiring a new office admin (receptionist) and the HR guy flew in from Houston to do interviews. He had 11 scheduled, and only 5 showed up. The other 6 were no-call, no-shows. I was shocked at the lack of professional courtesy, even if it is just for an admin job.
              My student's mother (the one we got the car for) is at the point she is looking for a job now. I have asked her for her resume, but it's on a computer that's in pawn so she hasn't been able to get it to me. Is there any way to get around having her send a resume? She said if she can't get it back soon, she will just go to the library and try and type one out...

She's got office admin/personnel experience.
              Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
              Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
              Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
              You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Working...
              X