Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy International Beer Day

Raise a glass gentlemen.

August 5, 2022 International Beer Day is a global celebration of beer, taking place in pubs, breweries, and backyards all over the world.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

So you should be drinking a Bud right now.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
      So you should be drinking a Fosters right now.
      FTFY
      That way Aussies can shit on him proper like.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
        FTFY
        That way Aussies can shit on him proper like.
        I have never seen a Fosters for sale anywhere but in the USA. Lol.

Comment

Cheers! Cold one popped. half day Friday

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
            For good reason. You have the means. BYOB.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
              from Wiki:

While popular in many countries, particularly where it is brewed locally, Foster's Lager does not enjoy widespread success in Australia. As a bottled beer produced by the Foster's Group (formerly the Carlton United Beverages group (CUB)) it has rarely been promoted in Australia since the early 2000s. Once a "premium" brand, Foster's Lager has been bypassed in favour of the Foster's Group's favoured premium brands of Carlton Crown Lager and Stella Artois.[11][12]

In Australia until the end of the 1970s, Foster's Lager was a reasonably popular bottled and canned beer with a somewhat premium image. Then in the early 1980s there were major changes in the Australian brewing industry, including the merger of Castlemaine (Brisbane), Swan (Perth) and Toohey's (Sydney) into a national brewing group, as a result of acquisitions by Perth entrepreneur Alan Bond. In Queensland the high-volume Power's brewery was established by local entrepreneur Bernie Power.

Faced with inroads into its non-Victorian markets, Carlton and United Beverages (CUB) reviewed its product range and attempted to re-position some of its brands. So Foster's Draught was introduced, served on tap alongside established draught brands such as Castlemaine XXXX and Toohey's Draught. Despite some initial success, bolstered by heavy advertising, the brand did not prove popular and was eventually withdrawn from sale. Arguably, at the end of this failed exercise Foster's Lager was no longer viewed by consumers as a "premium" brand, and has not been promoted in Australia recently.

The Foster's Group has tended to promote the brands of Carlton Draught (mainstream market) and Victoria Bitter (working class male market).[13]

Power's Brewery, south of Brisbane, was taken over by CUB[14] and is now used to brew Victoria Bitter and other Foster's Group brands in Queensland, (including Foster's Lager).
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Mmmmm, I could go for a Toohey's or a Carlton right now.

Comment

Working...
                X