No announcement yet.

Armed agents raid animal shelter for baby deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what if the news headline was "Lone agent killed by crazy shelter employee"

Comment

Originally posted by MustangPoser View Post
      Here's an idea. Don't take in deer or other game animals into your shelter without proper permission.

This makes the news because currently the news is trying to show the government is being militarized and that the police plan on taking over the US? Or whatever the fuck the news is saying these days.
      I think the article's purpose is more to point out severe budgeting issues. You don't think tying up 13 government employees for one fawn is excessive?

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk 2
      Big Rooster Racing "Dare to win well."

Comment

Originally posted by 85whtgt View Post
        I think the article's purpose is more to point out severe budgeting issues. You don't think tying up 13 government employees for one fawn is excessive?

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk 2
        They were all bored so they decided to make a day of it. Probably stopped off for snow cones on the way back to the office.

Comment

Lets get to the heart of the matter. Why is this illegal in the first place? If there isn't any good reason for it to be illegal, all of the other arguments surrounding it are moot and the core issue should be tackled.

Comment

Then there'd be reason to have multiple officers with armor and rifles to go get a deer. They don't have the resources to stop illegals from being in the country but more than enough to send this many people with this gear to go get a deer.
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
              Lets get to the heart of the matter. Why is this illegal in the first place? If there isn't any good reason for it to be illegal, all of the other arguments surrounding it are moot and the core issue should be tackled.
              Exactly right. Stupid law being enforced with excessive amounts of people using tax dollars that could be better used elsewhere
              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Sounds plausible.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Have you seen the teeth on a baby deer????

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                    Have you seen the teeth on a baby deer????
                    Isss got big fangs!!
                    2012 GT500

Comment

If a hunter shot that doe, they would be arrested.
                      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                        She was raising it for her kids? She might as well let them play with dynamite, lol.
                        Yep. Money doesn't always equal intelligence.

For those wondering why it's illegal to have wild animals as pets, they can be disease vectors.They require specialized care -young fawns need to be fed every two to three hours, around the clock and since they don't know how to nurse, they have to be fed with a catheter you slide down their throat and into their belly - get that into the trachea instead of the esophogus and you just killed yourself a fawn. And they can be very dangerous -their hooves are like little knives and they can slice you open in a heartbeat. A guy near us was killed by a doe he'd raised as a pet a year or so ago. Raccoons can carry Bayless Ascarius, an incurable parasite that is 100% fatal to humans. Know the risks and prepare for them ahead of time and you're good to go. Failure to plan and you might pay a high price. But people get all caught up in the cuteness of a fawn or a baby raccoon. Or a freakin' hyena.

All that said, it still sounds to me like the shelter guy was trying to do the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
                          Yep. Money doesn't always equal intelligence.

For those wondering why it's illegal to have wild animals as pets, they can be disease vectors.They require specialized care -young fawns need to be fed every two to three hours, around the clock and since they don't know how to nurse, they have to be fed with a catheter you slide down their throat and into their belly - get that into the trachea instead of the esophogus and you just killed yourself a fawn. And they can be very dangerous -their hooves are like little knives and they can slice you open in a heartbeat. A guy near us was killed by a doe he'd raised as a pet a year or so ago. Raccoons can carry Bayless Ascarius, an incurable parasite that is 100% fatal to humans. Know the risks and prepare for them ahead of time and you're good to go. Failure to plan and you might pay a high price. But people get all caught up in the cuteness of a fawn or a baby raccoon. Or a freakin' hyena.

All that said, it still sounds to me like the shelter guy was trying to do the right thing.
                          Oh, I totally get that it's really dangerous to have animals like that as pets. I'm just wondering why we need to codify things to protect the stupid from their own stupid choices. I say let the water heads have all the baby fawns they want, and when said baby cuts them like a fucking Ginsu, look at them and say "Told you so, fucking idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                            Oh, I totally get that it's really dangerous to have animals like that as pets. I'm just wondering why we need to codify things to protect the stupid from their own stupid choices. I say let the water heads have all the baby fawns they want, and when said baby cuts them like a fucking Ginsu, look at them and say "Told you so, fucking idiot."

LOL! Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                            X