Switching Cell Carriers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching Cell Carriers

I am tired of AT&T for a myriad of reasons, and am looking to switch.

Just looking for some different opinions on who to go with. I am thinking of going with Sprint. My wife has had Sprint for 10 years and has had no real problems of any kind.

Give me some thoughts.

Meow

Comment

Sprint sucks.

I've posted the story before, but the Cliffs Notes version is that they renewed my contract without notification or approval, in-store they couldn't do shit, had me call "corporate", but their phone was broken and I couldn't get signal IN THEIR STORE. Called Corporate and talked to "Charles" in India who told me it was renewed and it was my word against theirs. I told them they weren't getting another cent out of me no matter what, so you might as well "unrenew" it. They did that, and that's the last a dealt with Sprint. This was a few years ago, and maybe it's better now but I'm not giving them another chance to suck.

Comment

They all plow through your large intestine from day one. No sense in switching.
        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Sprint sucks, but it is a cheap suck...

I have 4 people with full unlimited plans all on iPhone 5's for $221 a month out the door.

That is $55 a month/person

My brother in law just went with a data restricted plan of 2GB/mo and his bill is around $120

For some reason, Android sucks on Sprint. I have had an Evo 4g (WiMax) and a Samsung Galaxy SII (again, WiMax) and both the 3g and 4g sucked.

I went iPhone 5s (they paid me) and the LTE is very decent and 3g is over 1 mbps. No complaints now other than the $38/device activation fee.

I've had them since 2001 and really have not found any reason to switch, they beat Vz, AT&T and T-Mobile on pricing hands down.
          Last edited by IHaveAMustang; 08-01-2013, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
            Sprint sucks, but it is a cheap suck...

I have 4 people with full unlimited plans all on iPhone 5's for $221 a month out the door.

That is $55 a month/person

My brother in law just went with a data restricted plan of 2GB/mo and his bill is around $120

For some reason, Android sucks on Sprint. I have had an Evo 4g (WiMax) and a Samsung Galaxy SII (again, WiMax) and both the 3g and 4g sucked.

I went iPhone 5s (they paid me) and the LTE is very decent and 3g is over 1 mbps. No complaints now other than the $38/device activation fee.

I've had them since 2001 and really have not found any reason to switch, they beat Vz, AT&T and T-Mobile on pricing hands down.
            This is what I am leaning towards. I know that everyone sucks balls in one way or another, but at least it will be cheaper with Sprint.

Comment

Sprint data is slow. I'm still with them, but I switched my wife's phone to T-Mobile. She got the Nexus 4, has been pleased with it and its data speeds are faster than my phone on sprint. price is about the same.

Comment

I use tMobile. It's cheap and seems to work ok.

Comment

They all suck.

Comment

I have had all of them with my previous employers and my current, the best as far call coverage and less dropped calls is Verizon. I work at ATT and several others guys I work with have VZW.
                    Iphones are 40.00 a month for unlimited Voice and Text and then a family share data plan, I have 3 iphones 2 5's and 1 4s and HTC Rhyme and we never go over 2GB a month.

Comment

I just ditched Sprint for AT&T because their data speeds suck and it isn't that much cheaper since they've neutered the employee discounts.

Comment

If you decide you wanna stick with AT&T, I can get you a discount code to use, it is like %15 off the bill, plus anything you order, like chargers, etc. They say I can give it to friends and family, so it's not like it's breaking some rule!

Hell, anybody want it, hollar. I'll look it up at work tomorrow

Comment

Just spent the last three days in Wyoming and Montana. I guess T-Mobile doesn't acknowledge their existence because the best I could manage was two bars on my SIII, and fucking forget about data.... none, regardless of city size.

Meanwhile, my co-driver had no issues streaming the Ranger game on Sprint in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

i've been with sprint since 02. i just upgraded to a LTE phone and the speed is good when you are hitting the towers. i live in mckinney and 380 is the line when the signal goes to shit. south of virginia is good. but still spotty.

Comment

Working...
                            X