Animal Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animal Control

Do they drop off and pick up live traps or do you have to go get them?

My neighbors dogs bark all the time I get it that's what dogs do. As will cats piss in your flower beds just them being them.

But when the "crazy cat lady" next door feeds every feral cat within 2 miles at what point do you say enough? I can't walk out in my front yard or work in the flower beds without finding cat leavings. At last count when I left this am there were 8 waiting for breakfast. I never want to be that guy and her husband rounds them up now and again. But fuck me it's getting old putting a lot of work into a yard and having feral cats fucking it up.

**edit I have said something to him and when I do it gets better. Just he travels a lot and boom more shitters.

my parents had a feral cat problem in their neighborhood. the city said they can trap them but the cage needs to be in the shade and there has to be water in the cage. call when you have one and put it(cage) in front of house and they pick them up within the hour. they got a hold of a cage but i think the city will drop one off at your house if you request one. this is in dallas btw. also buy some cheap jugs of ammonia and spread some around your house, especially on any paths or areas you see them walking through

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
      my parents had a feral cat problem in their neighborhood. the city said they can trap them but the cage needs to be in the shade and there has to be water in the cage. call when you have one and put it(cage) in front of house and they pick them up within the hour. they got a hold of a cage but i think the city will drop one off at your house if you request one. this is in dallas btw. also buy some cheap jugs of ammonia and spread some around your house, especially on any paths or areas you see them walking through
      Thank you.. Never knew about the ammonia thing... That's what I always thought the smell was strongest of. Never thought it would help.

Comment

Shooting gtg?

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
          Shooting gtg?
          LOL if I didn't like my neighbors I would say hell yes and cook....

Comment

Hide a bowl of antifreeze where your neighbors can't see it.

ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post

Comment

Tried a BB gun? Not saying it is the most legal thing to do, but it is quiet, non-lethal, and might scare them enough they won't return. Plus you won't have to fuck around with a pissed off cat in a cage.
                I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

...start shooting them with an 18 gauge shotgun and leave the stinky carcass where it hits the dirt. The other animals will figure it out or merely add to the body count.
                  Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

In Dallas they will loan you cages. My parents had a neighbor nearby that according to animal control last time they where able to enter his house and basically take his cats he had somewhere around 20 cats! Not to mention all the feral/outside cats they weren't able to catch. Needless to say it was a big problem for the whole neighborhood.

My dad set out traps and for the first 3 days averaged 1 cat every 8~ hours, in a 3 day period he had to call animal control to pickup quite a few.

If my nextdoor neighbor was feeding strays you better believe I'd be setting traps or something even worse...
                    1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
                    1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
                    2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

Thanks for the ideas I will call and get cages if I can..

Trust me I would be out there with a BB gun or airsoft if I could but the area they are fucking up is my front yard and people would notice.

I just want them gone and keep the peace because i do like my neighbors. Going to chicken wire what I can in the flower beds. Then call and figure out the cage thing. I have seen them out here before maybe if there is enough of us calling it might do something.

Thanks again!!

Comment

Originally posted by Couver View Post
                        Thanks for the ideas I will call and get cages if I can..

Trust me I would be out there with a BB gun or airsoft if I could but the area they are fucking up is my front yard and people would notice.

I just want them gone and keep the peace because i do like my neighbors. Going to chicken wire what I can in the flower beds. Then call and figure out the cage thing. I have seen them out here before maybe if there is enough of us calling it might do something.

Thanks again!!
                        Use a real pellet rifle, or a .22 with CB-shorts, crack a window, and shoot them late at night. No one will so much as hear the report. You'll hear it in your room, but so what? Just pick off one a night, and throw it in your garbage can. It's easy, and fun for the whole family. I cannot stress enough that the muzzle needs to be well inside the room, so shoot from a rest that isn't the window sill, like a table.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

It's easy, and fun for the whole family.
                          I laughed.

Comment

I have two or three that are shitting on my damn driveway and it's about time for them to go away.
                            "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Hide a bowl of antifreeze where your neighbors can't see it.
                              unfortunately they added in some kind of additive to make it unappealing to animals so they dont drink it anymore

you could get a motion activated sprinkler head so when they come into your yard they get tagged....

Comment

Working...
                              X