No announcement yet.

Controversial gun activist arrested with 'silencer'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why? Even if looking for attention, being within the law is all that counts.

Comment

He got the result he was looking for. Ask and ye shall receive. Dumbasses like that make responsible gun owners look bad.

Comment

Broke no laws, he shouldn't have been touched. I hope he is handed a decent settlement and demands training for the arresting officers
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Nice.

Originally posted by kwikrnu View Post
          Free Arizona Watermelon Juice Cocktail, and Skittles with every Assault Weapon Purchase.

WRX

Comment

Man, that is one dumb hard-luckin' son of a bitch!
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              Broke no laws, he shouldn't have been touched. I hope he is handed a decent settlement and demands training for the arresting officers
              He drew enough attention to himself that he scared someone enough to call the police. They were simply inquiring to make sure he wasn't breaking any laws (ie. A felon, mentally unstable, etc.) someone called, the police tried to investigate, and he was uncooperative... Couldn't that be considered obstructing justice? Disturbing the peace? Impeding a police investigation? If he was legit, why not just responsibly answer their questions instead of being a jackass? Not saying give them consent to search, but hell he could have simply said, "if it is a firearm, I do have the proper paperwork. I'm a responsible citizen, feel free to check my ID and record if you wish, but I need to be on my way."

Would have went a lot better for both parties....

Lets pretend that he was walking in your neighborhood, or near your kids school, or wife's place of employment... Lets say it was the same circumstance, but he was Muslim... I'd be willing to bet many of the FTP folks on here would be the ones calling in on him... But hey, he isn't breaking any laws!

But it still calls for concern and inquiry IMO. In today's world, something like that needs to be reported, and needs to be determined rather or not it is a threat.

It's out of the norm, suspicious, and not something most people would do without some sort of intention.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
              Last edited by danielhv; 08-16-2013, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
                They were simply inquiring to make sure he wasn't breaking any laws (ie. A felon, mentally unstable, etc.) someone called, the police tried to investigate, and he was uncooperative... Couldn't that be considered obstructing justice? Disturbing the peace? Impeding a police investigation?
                They may inquire all they want, but must have reasonable articulable suspicion that a crime has, is, or will take place before they may detain and pat me down.

Uncooperative is not the same as asserting one's fundamental civil rights. No, asserting your rights is not impeding an investigation, disturbing the peace, or obstructing justice.
                1991 turbo coupe, MM suspension

Comment

Comment

Honest mistake? Having a fox with 5k in it can put anyone in god mode.
                    WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                      Honest mistake? Having a fox with 5k in it can put anyone in god mode.
                      The case is barely bigger than the m4gery, and shaped exactly like it. Of course it looked like a gun was in it. Hell, it even looked like a gun with a suppressor from the outside. The dude deserves congratulations, because he figured out how to print through a hard case.

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
                        He drew enough attention to himself that he scared someone enough to call the police. They were simply inquiring to make sure he wasn't breaking any laws (ie. A felon, mentally unstable, etc.) someone called, the police tried to investigate, and he was uncooperative... Couldn't that be considered obstructing justice? Disturbing the peace? Impeding a police investigation? If he was legit, why not just responsibly answer their questions instead of being a jackass? Not saying give them consent to search, but hell he could have simply said, "if it is a firearm, I do have the proper paperwork. I'm a responsible citizen, feel free to check my ID and record if you wish, but I need to be on my way."

Would have went a lot better for both parties....

Lets pretend that he was walking in your neighborhood, or near your kids school, or wife's place of employment... Lets say it was the same circumstance, but he was Muslim... I'd be willing to bet many of the FTP folks on here would be the ones calling in on him... But hey, he isn't breaking any laws!

But it still calls for concern and inquiry IMO. In today's world, something like that needs to be reported, and needs to be determined rather or not it is a threat.

It's out of the norm, suspicious, and not something most people would do without some sort of intention.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
                        No. Refusing to help a cop figure out if you're a criminal is a violation of your 5th and 4th amendment rights. It's their job to prove you are, not the other way around otherwise, how about you let me walk through your house and dig through it. I mean, if you have nothing to hide...
                        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                          The case is barely bigger than the m4gery, and shaped exactly like it. Of course it looked like a gun was in it. Hell, it even looked like a gun with a suppressor from the outside. The dude deserves congratulations, because he figured out how to print through a hard case.
                          Lmao. Best post in thread.

Comment

Lost the preliminary hearing today. The charge now goes to the grans jury

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                            1991 turbo coupe, MM suspension

Comment

Agree with that judge. He's stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                                Agree with that judge. He's stupid.
                                This. Worth the hour to listen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

Working...
                                X