Toyota & Honda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota & Honda

Looking at cars lately, and they have become the "Big 3" of the 80's and 90's... None of their offerings are exciting or fresh. They don't offer good value compared to the Domestics, Koreans, or Germans, and I don't think they are any more reliable than the other makes.

Hell the FRS is the only somewhat cool thing to come out of Toyota in a long while and it took a venture with Subaru to make it happen.

Toyota is domestic.
    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

All of the Asian cars are boring. Bring back the supra!

Comment

completely agree. went over the list a few weeks ago, here was my consensus.

at least toyota has a lexus or two worth a damn. (is f, gs-350 f and of course the LFA). the "scion" name should be murdered. a toyota GT-86 would be much cooler than a scion FRS.

i have no interest in anything newer by honda/acura (worlds most boring FWD car company). maybe when they release the NSX part duex they will have something worth talking about. until then the only honda i want is a late 90s civic or integra for daily driving and saving gas.

nissan has the GTR which makes up for them making the 370 and the infinity g37.

mitsubishi seems to be hanging on to current generation of evo way too long. i wish they had a concept for the next generation but it seems like they are going to leave the US. everything else they make is shit. at least subaru put out an excellent concept for the new wrx.

koreans:
        kia optima looks nice. wouldnt own one.
        hyundai has... wouldnt own one.
        www.hppmotorsports.com
        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

You guys read Chevy had more highest initial quality cars cars than any other maker? Ford and heck, even Chrysler are making great and exciting cars now. Honda and Toyota are pure appliance cars now. Decent cars but not exciting and certainty not highest value anymore.
          Ford
          GM
          Toyota
          VAG

Comment

IMO These days the best categories go to.

Trucks = American
            Sports cars = American
            Sedans = German

Although I think THE best 4 door sedan is the Lexus LS460. I would even take it over a 740 BMW.

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post

koreans:
              My Dad has a '13 Genesis 5.0 R-spec. He paid just over $40k brand new with tech package and everything. It's a ton of car for the money and drives very nicely.
              Ford
              GM
              Toyota
              VAG

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                IMO These days the best categories go to.

Trucks = American
                Sports cars = American
                Sedans = German

Although I think THE best 4 door sedan is the Lexus LS460. I would even take it over a 740 BMW.
                Best lux sedan value prob is the 460 but its pretty damn boring. Best value sports sedan is the CTS-V, but I may be biased. Best overall sedan is prob the brand new S class.
                Ford
                GM
                Toyota
                VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                  You guys read Chevy had more highest initial quality cars cars than any other maker? Ford and heck, even Chrysler are making great and exciting cars now. Honda and Toyota are pure appliance cars now. Decent cars but not exciting and certainty not highest value anymore.
                  I thought the magnum and essentially the entire SRT/x line up started this new school revolution. The ctsv wagon would not exist if the magnum was never designed. The c63 amg wagon was designed to beat the ctsv wagon
                  THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

I used to have a '10 Honda Accord EX-L. It was by far the worst car I've ever owned. I didn't keep it a year. Their version of fully loaded is a joke. I'll never own another Honda, period.

Comment

What were the big issues with it? I thought Honda was pretty good in quality, I know they used to be.

Comment

What were the big issues with it? I thought Honda was pretty good in quality, I know they used to be.
                        I averaged 285 miles to a tank, the disc changer ate CD's all the time, the navigation sucked and froze often, check engine light came on randomly and wouldn't pull a code, etc. The service department at Frank Kent was another major turn off. I waited 2 hours for an oil change I made an appointment for that was to take 30 minutes. 3 1/2 hours to program my spare key and 3 hours to swap out a radio.

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                          completely agree. went over the list a few weeks ago, here was my consensus.

at least toyota has a lexus or two worth a damn. (is f, gs-350 f and of course the LFA). the "scion" name should be murdered. a toyota GT-86 would be much cooler than a scion FRS.

i have no interest in anything newer by honda/acura (worlds most boring FWD car company). maybe when they release the NSX part duex they will have something worth talking about. until then the only honda i want is a late 90s civic or integra for daily driving and saving gas.

nissan has the GTR which makes up for them making the 370 and the infinity g37.

mitsubishi seems to be hanging on to current generation of evo way too long. i wish they had a concept for the next generation but it seems like they are going to leave the US. everything else they make is shit. at least subaru put out an excellent concept for the new wrx.

koreans:
                          I didn't really give credit to the Lexus line, but they are going to have a hard time winning over the non-silver hair crowd from the Germans etc. Same boat that Cadillac was in 10 years ago.

Acura has some decent entries, the RL is nice sedan, the MDX competes well, and the TL is good value IMO.

Mitsubishi will go the way of Suzuki

Mazda is doing well with the 3 and 6, and are still the best handling, most fun-to-drive entry level FWDs and they get great MPGs. They also are good value and have a lot of equipment for the money.

Nissan at least tries to be interesting, but wtf with the Cube, Juke, and you can't forget about the Murano cabriolet...

They were, but the Civic is a joke now, build quality is lacking, refinement is way behind its competitors, and the SI which was a fun go-cart is now overweight and under powered with a suspension that was designed for $$ rather than handling.

The S2000 was the last good Honda

Comment

I really really miss the Integra. And I think a lot of people would agree with me. Honda went too hipster, and fucked itself.

Comment

My GF has a 2006 Honda Pilot and I really lie it. The quality, mpg, and looks are very good.
                              Originally posted by Buzzo
                              Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X