Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it true that cars have black boxes now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it true that cars have black boxes now?

Like the black box in airplanes, that records everything prior to the accident. Someone told me they exist in cars now.

LoL
    "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

Welcome to 1986

Comment

I can't say for any other brand but GMs do. It's called an airbag module. Once any of the airbags go off in the vehicle it logs 10 seconds of data, 8 seconds prior to the airbag deployment and 2 seconds after. All sorts of data, like speed, brake pressure, engine rpm, ect.

If GM does this I would imagine the other major auto makers would have a very similar device.

Sent from the CDC using Tapatalk.

Comment

Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Plague View Post
            I can't say for any other brand but GMs do. It's called an airbag module. Once any of the airbags go off in the vehicle it logs 10 seconds of data, 8 seconds prior to the airbag deployment and 2 seconds after. All sorts of data, like speed, brake pressure, engine rpm, ect.

If GM does this I would imagine the other major auto makers would have a very similar device.

Sent from the CDC using Tapatalk.
            How the hell would it record data prior to the bag deploying, if it takes the bag deploying to start the recording......
            Originally posted by soap
            i can fix anything from a broken tractor to an aching pussy!!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ktm300hater View Post
                How the hell would it record data prior to the bag deploying, if it takes the bag deploying to start the recording......
                lol, are you serious?

It is constantly recording and overwriting data as it needs room.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                  lol, are you serious?

It is constantly recording and overwriting data as it needs room.
                  Unpossible!

Comment

How does TIVO work?

Comment

Fuck tivo and cable cards. Wish we never agreed to service them shits.
                      sigpic

Comment

This isn't exactly new technology; it has been in use almost as long as I have been alive. I would he much more concerned about the nsa tapping my cell, or the tsa molesting children.
                        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

How does a positraction rearend work? Nobody knows, it just does.

Comment

Everyone is required to release the data they have accumulated to the NHTSA, but I haven't heard of anything past event recording.

Comment

As far as I know, only African American women have black boxes.

Comment

Working...
                              X