Bachelor Microwave Food Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bachelor Microwave Food Ideas

Well I live strictly by my Microwave when im out at my place. Im looking for some good hearty meal idea's that will fill me up & that are good!

Here is some of my likes thus far

Hormel Turkey Chilli
    Campbells Chunky Grilled Chicken & Sausage Gumbo
    Maria Calanders Turkey & Chicken BIG POT PIES
    Zatarans Red Beans & Rice

Just need some other idea's. Im getting burned out on the above, I also have a grill & thinking about getting a smoker & trying to learn to cook!
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

what about tostitos, lay slices of cheese over them, add jalapenos, and heat for 1 min 15 seconds? One of my favs.

Comment

Definitely learn to use that grill. It will be a much healthier way to prepare food. You can cook just about any meat on that grill. Hell, you can even use it to heat a skillet.

I used to eat the out of those el monterrey? frozen burritos.
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
        Well I live strictly by my Microwave when im out at my place. Im looking for some good hearty meal idea's that will fill me up & that are good!

Here is some of my likes thus far

Hormel Turkey Chilli
        Campbells Chunky Grilled Chicken & Sausage Gumbo
        Maria Calanders Turkey & Chicken BIG POT PIES
        Zatarans Red Beans & Rice

Just need some other idea's. Im getting burned out on the above, I also have a grill & thinking about getting a smoker & trying to learn to cook!
        I buy pregrilled microwaveable chicken breasts and mix with rice, corn or other veggies. It's also good to smother them with cheese soup.

This helpse to limit and count calories as well to stay lean. The frozen skillet dinners are good as well...stauffers, viola, etc

Comment

Steak!!

No seriously.
          Baked potatoes and Wolf Brand Chili come to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            I buy pregrilled microwaveable chicken breasts and mix with rice, corn or other veggies. It's also good to smother them with cheese soup.

This helpse to limit and count calories as well to stay lean. The frozen skillet dinners are good as well...stauffers, viola, etc
            Are these in the frozen section of the Grocery store. I shop on the norm at Walmart. But im not against Kroger or Brookshires.

Def looking for more stuff with Rice & most of MEAT!
            GOD BLESS TEXAS
            August Landscaping
            214-779-7278
            Seb's high class.
            He'll mow your grass.
            He'll kick your ass.
            He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
              Definitely learn to use that grill. It will be a much healthier way to prepare food. You can cook just about any meat on that grill. Hell, you can even use it to heat a skillet.

I used to eat the out of those el monterrey? frozen burritos.
              I grill alot in the summer! But until I get my RV Port built this summer. Im stuck using the microwave cause this time of year all it does is RAIN RAIN RAIN!
              GOD BLESS TEXAS
              August Landscaping
              214-779-7278
              Seb's high class.
              He'll mow your grass.
              He'll kick your ass.
              He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Are these in the frozen section of the Grocery store. I shop on the norm at Walmart. But im not against Kroger or Brookshires.

Healthy Choice make these things called Cafe Steamers. They are usually like 2.50-2.75 at walmart and they are excellent in the microwave. I usually take them for lunch and they are good, being from healthy choice makes them even good for you, relatively speaking of course!
                Originally posted by Nash B.
                Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Yes frozen food sections at both walmart and target.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                    Healthy Choice make these things called Cafe Steamers. They are usually like 2.50-2.75 at walmart and they are excellent in the microwave. I usually take them for lunch and they are good, being from healthy choice makes them even good for you, relatively speaking of course!
                    How big are the portians? I have been scoping those, But I would think it would take at least two of those to fill me up.
                    GOD BLESS TEXAS
                    August Landscaping
                    214-779-7278
                    Seb's high class.
                    He'll mow your grass.
                    He'll kick your ass.
                    He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

when i was a bachelor my George Foreman Grille was the shit.

Comment

There's some good cookbooks out there..

WRX

Comment

Walmart carries a brand called Steamfresh which has veggies, chicken, and rice dishes that are pretty good. Marie Calendars (sp?) stuff isn't bad.

FYI - you can cook ground meat in the microwave. Get a three piece microwave safe collander/steamer set. (My wife got hers from Tupperware.) Put the meat in the middle and let the fat drain off. It's healthier than frying.
                          You can also put water in the bottom and use it as a steamer. Makes great corn on the cob, squash, carrots, green beans, etc.

Comment

Stay away from all that frozen processed food, that shit is unhealthy.

Comment

How big are the portians? I have been scoping those, But I would think it would take at least two of those to fill me up.
                              They're not to small they were good for a lunch but I could see maybe needing something to go with it if it's for a dinner or you're a big eater.

Originally posted by S_K View Post
                              Walmart carries a brand called Steamfresh which has veggies, chicken, and rice dishes that are pretty good. Marie Calendars (sp?) stuff isn't bad.

FYI - you can cook ground meat in the microwave. Get a three piece microwave safe collander/steamer set. (My wife got hers from Tupperware.) Put the meat in the middle and let the fat drain off. It's healthier than frying.
                              You can also put water in the bottom and use it as a steamer. Makes great corn on the cob, squash, carrots, green beans, etc.
                              I'll second those steamfresh vegetables, they are really good and easy to make in the microwave. Good for making a last second side dish with dinner.
                              Originally posted by Nash B.
                              Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Working...
                              X