cooter...or other diesal guru's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cooter...or other diesal guru's

my work truck is an 05 ram 2500. it has appx 195000 miles on it. im trying to find out if there is a way to get the amount of idle hours the engine has. im trying to prove i need a new truck as this is the 6th time the truck has been in the shop in the last 8 or 9 months. its wore slap out haha.

so is there anyway to find out the amount of idle hours on that yr model?

and for any smartasses..on the dash all you can see is odometer and tripmeter

I believe you turn the key on and press and hold the trip odometer button for like 20-30 seconds and the engine hours will come up while holding it down
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

195000 and its worn out?
      2007 Silverado CC
      1970 Mustang Coupe

True Street Motorsports. 972-542-9886

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
        I believe you turn the key on and press and hold the trip odometer button for like 20-30 seconds and the engine hours will come up while holding it down
        This

149,000 4983 hours on my 06

Comment

My 92 has 250k on it and its far from worn out, and its been under the knife more times that I would like to talk about.

Comment

Originally posted by streetdemon70 View Post
            195000 and its worn out?
            Idle time is a bitch..
            "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
              Idle time is a bitch..
              Especially in dusty oilfield conditions.
              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Thats why its nice to be able to raise the idle alittle ..........
                Less chance of stacking fuel .
                Short trip and idle are things that lead to a short life on a diesel.
                I dont drive mine much due to being 3 miles from work it never builds enough heat.
                89 mustang coupe at the house now ..... SOLD
                97 F-250 HD crew cab shorty 4x4 overfueled for your pleasure ................

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                  Especially in dusty oilfield conditions.
                  Good air filter and PMs will help I used to run my KW in the oil field I hauled Bulk barite and never had an issue with dust according to Blackstone labs anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by streetdemon70 View Post
                    195000 and its worn out?

yes. days at a time idleing on location, terrible rough lease roads beating the hell out of the suspension, people who had the truck before me not taking care of it, etc etc etc. its a POS and has had probably close to $8000 of work done to it in just the last 5 months. its in the shop now for close to another $1500 worth of repairs

Comment

Originally posted by runin90lx View Post
                      yes. days at a time idleing on location, terrible rough lease roads beating the hell out of the suspension, people who had the truck before me not taking care of it, etc etc etc. its a POS and has had probably close to $8000 of work done to it in just the last 5 months. its in the shop now for close to another $1500 worth of repairs
                      Suspension stuff I bet ?

Comment

Originally posted by runin90lx View Post
                        ah ok that makes sense.
                        2007 Silverado CC
                        1970 Mustang Coupe

True Street Motorsports. 972-542-9886

Comment

Originally posted by lxturbo View Post
                          Thats why its nice to be able to raise the idle alittle ..........
                          Less chance of stacking fuel .
                          Short trip and idle are things that lead to a short life on a diesel.
                          I dont drive mine much due to being 3 miles from work it never builds enough heat.
                          if his '05 is an automatic, you can flash it to enable the high idle
                          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

True......True

Comment

Just put a Cortex on my '06 3500 Mega Cab short bed dually. I'm using the "Tow Performance" setting and it's crazy.

Comment

Working...
                              X