Wear your life vests!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wear your life vests!

We were out at Lake Grapevine today and came across 2 guys that had fallen off their jetski. One was clearly in real trouble. Assisted by the fact that he wasn't wearing a life vest and their jetski was drifting away from them.

It took some time for his friends on the shore to realize what was really happening and let us know what was really going on. And it's true that drowning doesn't really look like drowning and his friend that was with him was saying that the guy without a vest was pushing him under since he was panicking. We were just at the right place at the right time to help this guy out.

We actually caught some of the action on the GoPro and yes, stereotypes aside, the guy without a life vest was black.

Well, if he were true to the stereotype, he would've been sitting safely on the shore.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

if you cant swim, your dumbass shouldnt be out on the water!

Comment

its not about being able to swim people get that far out and get too tired to make it back in
        sigpic

Comment

Can you spot the kid that's drowning?

Send your kids to swimming classes.
          Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

What kind of idiot gets on a Jet Ski without a Ski Vest? I believe it's actually illegal to be on one without a vest.
            70' Chevelle RagTop
            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

The guy without the vest was an adult, I'd say early-mid thirties. He was in a cotton polo shirt and some cargo shorts. Pretty sure I heard him say he couldn't swim but he could have been saying that due to being physically exhausted. He said he forgot his life vest but wanted to ride anyways. He was a big dude and there was no way his friend was going to have the strength to support him in the water for any extended length of time. Certainly, not enough time to get him back to the jetski or back to the shore.

Comment

Sounds like a good job for Darwin on that one.

Nevertheless, props to you for helping out.
                70' Chevelle RagTop
                (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

I hate life jackets with a passion. Of course, I'm a very strong swimmer. If you aren't a good swimmer though, have the fucking vest on.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                    I hate life jackets with a passion. Of course, I'm a very strong swimmer. If you aren't a good swimmer though, have the fucking vest on.
                    I consider myself a strong swimmer but I still think I would wear a life jacket while on a jet ski and while tubing.
                    Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                      I consider myself a strong swimmer but I still think I would wear a life jacket while on a jet ski and while tubing.
                      Maybe, I suppose that you could hit the water hard enough to knock yourself out. What I really prefer in the water is my BC. Keeps me out of the water and in an emergency, it could definitely hold up two people.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                        Absolutely! Doesn't matter how good you are if your injured or a million other possibility's like a catfish noodling for humans.

Comment

I can't swim for shit. When we go out on the boat I always have my vest on.
                          sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                          🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                            Maybe, I suppose that you could hit the water hard enough to knock yourself out. What I really prefer in the water is my BC. Keeps me out of the water and in an emergency, it could definitely hold up two people.
                            It's also easy in murky water to lose your bearings quickly if you're under, and don't have lungs full of air.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I'm not up on the new vest. Will they put you right side up if your knocked out?

Comment

Working...
                              X