Weak - Inspection BS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weak - Inspection BS

You have to physically have a copy of proof of insurance to get your vehicle inspected. Apps and PDFs don't count. I pulled up my policy in a pdf on my laptop and he said that isn't allowed. So let's say I went thru all the trouble to create a pdf, you say a printed bs version qualifies but a doctored pdf on a laptop doesn't? Makes no sense

The speed of bureaucracy man. They are always about ten years behind technology.

Comment

also depends on where you go to get inspected. Some follow the rules to a t while others dont care.

Comment

You're required by law to always have proof of insurance in your vehicle anyway, so I don't see why you're so upset about being refused inspection without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
          You're required by law to always have proof of insurance in your vehicle anyway, so I don't see why you're so upset about being refused inspection without it.
          Proof doesn't have to mean a paper copy in my opinion. So I am inclined to agree with the poster on this one. If you can provide (display) policy details that are tied the VIN of the vehicle they should accept it. But as already stated most of these places are so far behind technology that they will not.

Comment

I didn't have to in Carrollton. I just showed them the PDF on my phone
            1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Some will let you get away with it but you are supposed to have a hard copy. Rules are rules.....

Comment

I have proof of insurance in the car every time I drive it.... A PDF on my phone

Comment

Originally posted by 94form2000z View Post
                  Proof doesn't have to mean a paper copy in my opinion. So I am inclined to agree with the poster on this one. If you can provide (display) policy details that are tied the VIN of the vehicle they should accept it. But as already stated most of these places are so far behind technology that they will not.
                  People have fabricated documents for less gain than getting an inspection before. You can't blame the shop for not wanting to risk possible fine and penalty for inspecting a car without insurance.

Comment

Weak - Inspection BS

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                    I have proof of insurance in the car every time I drive it.... A PDF on my phone
                    FWIW...
                    I was pulled over several years ago and when I went for the insurance card I realized I hadn't put the new card in the car and the one in the car was in fact expired. I had the email confirmation from State Farm on my blackberry and told him I had the new card in my email. I showed him on my phone and he said something to the effect of "if it's not admissible in court then it's not admissible on a traffic stop". I'm sure each agency has their own policy regarding this.

Comment

our dps tech told me that having it on your phone or laptop is kosher, maybe they just didnt want to do it

Comment

I've noticed a lot of places do not like to do inspections. In one day I went by 4 places that either had no stickers or the machine was broken. They just didn't want to do it. Guess they don't get paid enough for it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Paper copy Fuck the rest. What happens if your smart phone or device loses power no proof then.
                          sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                          🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                            Yeah, good luck with that. A cop WILL write you a ticket for not having a hard copy.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

That's ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X