Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change allows for higher child support payments

DALLAS -
    There are new guidelines for calculating maximum child support payments.

Beginning Sept. 1 the new guideline for one child is 20 percent of $8,550, which is $1,710. That's an increase of $210 a month.

The changes are tied to inflation. They could help thousands of parents receiving child support.

"That would put groceries on the table. It would pay for health insurance. It would pay their school supplies, clothing for the children. Right now, I can barely make the bills," said April, a mother of four who is going through a divorce.

The increase is not automatic. The receiving parent will have to file a motion.

The new guidelines will stay in place until 2019.

Hmmmmm.....
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Notice the mother of Four part. Who th fuck needs 4 kids.

Comment

where does the $8550 come into play?

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
        Beginning Sept. 1 the new guideline for one child is 20 percent of $8,550, which is $1,710. That's an increase of $210 a month.
        $210 a month is $2,520 a year. $1,710 a year is $142.50 a month. What's the relevance of either number?
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
          DALLAS -
          There are new guidelines for calculating maximum child support payments.

The changes are tied to inflation. They could help thousands of parents receiving child support.

"That would put groceries on the table. It would pay for health insurance. It would pay their school supplies, clothing for the children. Right now, I can barely make the bills," said April, a mother of four who is going through a divorce.

The increase is not automatic. The receiving parent will have to file a motion.

The new guidelines will stay in place until 2019.

Hmmmmm.....

So if one makes $8,550 a month they have to pay $1710 why the fuck does a kid need $1710 a month?
          "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Link?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
              where does the $8550 come into play?

god bless.
              $8550 is the cap. If you make more than $8550/month, you only have to pay 20% up to $8550. It's only going to affect the ballers.
              EDIT: "April" is a fucking idiot. You already have to cover medical insurance and expenses for the child, IN ADDITION TO 20% of your gross salary. I'm sick and fucking tired of the child support system, and the attitude perpetuated by mothers. The whole point isn't for you to be able to live off of child support. It's to support the children. You still need to get off your fat lazy ass, get a job, and support your family. Child support isn't a blank check for you to leave your husband, and maintain status quo while not having to work for a living. But all too many mothers think this way.

I receive a whopping $160/mo in state ordered child support for my son. I've only been receiving it for 4-5 months, after not receiving a penny for over 10 fucking years. She is actually having to pay $240/mo because of the arrears. I am having it evaluated currently, to raise the amount since she actually has a job now. I don't even use the money. It's put in to a savings account for him, and I will turn the funds over to him later.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                Link?

Dallas news, headlines, weather, sports and traffic from KDFW FOX 4 News, serving Dallas-Fort Worth, North Texas and the state of Texas.
                Originally posted by talisman
                I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                Originally posted by AdamLX
                If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                Because fuck you, that's why
                Originally posted by 80coupe
                nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                Originally posted by Rick Modena
                ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                Originally posted by Jester
                Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                  So if one makes $8,550 a month they have to pay $1710 why the fuck does a kid need $1710 a month?
                  You ever raise a kid?

Comment

I'm already paying 20% of my income plus 50% medical expenses. Did the cap raise or the percentage?

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      I receive a whopping $160/mo in state ordered child support for my son. I've only been receiving it for 4-5 months, after not receiving a penny for over 10 fucking years. She is actually having to pay $240/mo because of the arrears. I am having it evaluated currently, to raise the amount since she actually has a job now. I don't even use the money. It's put in to a savings account for him, and I will turn the funds over to him later.

Hell, man, I'm just glad to hear you're finally getting something, and that is super cool to put it away for him like that. Maybe help him when it's first car or college time.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                        You ever raise a kid?
                        Have you? The financial responsibility should not rely 100% on the shoulders of the father. Are you telling me it takes $3420/month to raise a child? That is absurd. I don't pay near that, and even what I pay out is absurd. I know damn well what it takes to raise my daughter, and the amount I pay is excessive.

Originally posted by Dave586 View Post
                        Did the cap raise or the percentage?
                        The cap raised.

Comment

gotcha, i figure he was too busy ordering some of those delicious tacos he is always posting up to make a coherent post.

god bless.
                          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                            You ever raise a kid?
                            guess it depends on how you raise them...
                            "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                              gotcha, i figure he was too busy ordering some of those delicious tacos he is always posting up to make a coherent post.

god bless.
                              It's more the way the article was written. Journalism at it's finest. Shit doesn't make sense at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X