Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay, let's compare electric bills for last month...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, let's compare electric bills for last month...

Mine was 139.35 for 1611 KWHs...

how much was yours?

mardyn

$222.87 for 2521 KWh

Seems really high, it was only $150ish this time last year but I recently changed electric providers.

Comment

$251.68 for 1853 kWh with Reliant. I did just switch from Reliant to 4Change yesterday. $0.13/kWh to $0.079/kWh for 8 months.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I've got to check my rates, we're getting jacked right now. I think it was around $235, but less than 1800kwh. I'll verify that.

Comment

$99.84 for 1150 kWh

$87.40 (7.6 cents per kWh) Usage + $5.00 Base Charge + $3.42 Transmission Distribution Surcharges + $4.02 Taxes

Comment

$98.12. I don't have the usage available right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              I've got to check my rates, we're getting jacked right now. I think it was around $235, but less than 1800kwh. I'll verify that.
              I've always had a locked in rate with Reliant until May when my contract expired. The times I've checked it, it was somewhat competitive. But there is no reason for a 1700 sq ft house to have a $300+ elec bill in the summer. Glad I switched. I'll be saving close to $100/mo for the rest of the summer. If you're not locked in, switch. 4change and Amigo had the best rates when I checked yesterday, Amigo had more BS fees, so I went with 4change. 4change does have a $20/mo early cancellation, and there is a different rate ($0.084 I believe) if you use under 1000kWh. Neither one are an issue for me. Most early termination fees are around $150 anyways, so it works out pretty close to even. Oh, and you HAVE to pay via autodraft with 4change.

Comment

$189.xx

8.2¢/kwh

I don't have my bill in front of me for usage. Not bad for a 1984 house with a pool in June/July I guess.
                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Spent $50 for May, $75 for April. Don't remember the kwh. 1500 square foot house built in 1966. I'm with Green Mountain Energy. I keep it at 74ish during the day and 72 when I sleep.

Comment

no bill yet on the new house, 2100sq ft, pool pump runs 4/5 hours a day, and the AC stays on 76, day and night

Comment

Well my usage was 2548 for $237.18. Now here is what I am wondering.

My TXU bill has "TDU Delivery Charges". These charges went up by $22 from one month to the next. Do those charges go up with my usage? Seems odd. I would think that would be a flat fee. I dunno

Chili?

Comment

TXU has a long well known history of face raping people. I'd get another carrier.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          TXU has a long well known history of face raping people. I'd get another carrier.
                          Our plan is up. I am actually looking at power to choose right now.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                            Yep. They forgot that electricity was deregulated, and they still charge monopoly rates from what I hear.

I don't mean to derail, but this seems like a good time to bring it up... Has anyone gone to the Nest thermostat? I'm looking for real world savings, not controlled environment claims.

Comment

If you're paying more than $0.10 per kWh right now and are not under contract,

Power to Choose is the official, unbiased, electric choice website of the Public Utility Commission of Texas, where all certified electric providers in the State of Texas are eligible to post their electric plans. On the Power to Choose website you can compare electric offers and choose the plan that's right for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X