Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay, let's compare electric bills for last month...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    Well my usage was 2548 for $237.18. Now here is what I am wondering.

My TXU bill has "TDU Delivery Charges". These charges went up by $22 from one month to the next. Do those charges go up with my usage? Seems odd. I would think that would be a flat fee. I dunno

Chili?
    Yes. Several of the TDSP charge line items (tariffs) are based on kWh consumption. It is much worse for commercial meters, where some of those charges are based on "demand".

Mine range somewhere between $40 and $80 through the year, depending on consumption. I pay mine as 100% pass through charges though, where most of you on residential plans will only pay a nominal amount since most companies bundle it in with the rate.

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
      I have two accounts with Amigo Energy... one (our home) is at .085 per KWH and the other (my Mom's house) is at .082 per KWH, both with an ass rapin' service charge of $20.00 per month IF we use LESS than 1000 KWH/month.

I'm pissed at myself for signing up for those plans... but I got stuck on the price per KWH
      and didn't factor in the service charges.

mardyn
      That $20 for under 1,000 kWh is a pretty common charge that many retailers charge. I never fall under 1,000 so it's not much of a concern for me.

BTW, as for TXU, they have competitive prices if you are on a fixed rate plan, but if you are MTM you will pay. But that goes for any retailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
        $190.77 1915KWh used. 2086sq ft house, Coserv (last I checked, Coserv was the only provider in this area)
        Yeah, if you have coserve then they are your only option.

Comment

$193.18 plus TDU of $14.03

Works out to .095/kw before TDU.

3650 sq ft, 75* year round

My contract at this rate doesn't end until Oct '14.

Btw, the info on TXU/Reliant is very misleading. Their rates for me in my previous house were always way below what all the others could touch. Their advertised rate was what those guys were fighting, and I was paying $.03/kw less than that. I'd still rather have them, if they rates for this area weren't so skewed. Remember for most folks, they own everything up to your meter, and if you have an issue, you get to go to your provider that can never match TXU's SLA.

We'll see how it moves forward in a year or so.
          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
          86 SVO - Sold
          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

980 kWh - $89.56
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
              $193.18 plus TDU of $14.03

Works out to .095/kw before TDU.

3650 sq ft, 75* year round

My contract at this rate doesn't end until Oct '14.

Btw, the info on TXU/Reliant is very misleading. Their rates for me in my previous house were always way below what all the others could touch. Their advertised rate was what those guys were fighting, and I was paying $.03/kw less than that. I'd still rather have them, if they rates for this area weren't so skewed. Remember for most folks, they own everything up to your meter, and if you have an issue, you get to go to your provider that can never match TXU's SLA.

We'll see how it moves forward in a year or so.
              TXU was separated from Oncor as a part of deregulation. While I won't deny there may be some things that are a little easier for them to deal with than other retailers, that is the only difference. Oncor is who owns the lines and meters. And just to clarify, the line that runs from the pole to your house is on you. Their obligation stops at the pole, with exception of the meter.

For example, in my back yard, if one of my trees was to fall on the drop line and destroyed the masthead on top of my meter base, I would have to pay an electrician to repair that. And they won't tend to trees hanging over the drop.

Oncor is obligated to provide the same service, no matter if you are with TXU or one of the other 100+ retailers operating in Texas.

Comment

Mine was $203.03 for 1962KWh with CoServ

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                  TXU was separated from Oncor as a part of deregulation. While I won't deny there may be some things that are a little easier for them to deal with than other retailers, that is the only difference. Oncor is who owns the lines and meters. And just to clarify, the line that runs from the pole to your house is on you. Their obligation stops at the pole, with exception of the meter.

For example, in my back yard, if one of my trees was to fall on the drop line and destroyed the masthead on top of my meter base, I would have to pay an electrician to repair that. And they won't tend to trees hanging over the drop.

Oncor is obligated to provide the same service, no matter if you are with TXU or one of the other 100+ retailers operating in Texas.
                  Sorry, I meant Oncor, not Reliant. I'm familiar with this, as I worked as a contractor for AEP that owns CP&L and WTU in Texas. My team and I wrote the software that the workers use and all of the changes for deregulation.

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                  While that sounds good on paper, I remember our TX companies had SLAs with providers that were a joke compared with what the PUC required directly. That may have changed since 2004, when I left that industry.
                  sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                  17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                  13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                  65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

This reminds me; I'm needing to renew my contract. I've been with startex for about 3-4 years, and I think I'm at 8.5 cents per kw/h...it sounds like rates are down a little.

Comment

Green Mountain 1692 kWh @ 15.28c = $258 + $18 (BS charges) = $276. House was built in 1965 (1675 sqft)

I just called and switch from a month-to-month to Pollution free 6mo contact @ 9.1c /kwh and 9.54c for anything over 2000 kWh. Excellent post...Thanks!

Comment

2300sqft. Built in 1994. 2 units. One upstairs and one downstairs

I bought a Nest thermostat last week so we will see how much diff that really makes

1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Never heard of a Nest. Dang those fuckers are expensive. Kind of cool though.

Comment

Yea it's pretty bad ass so far though

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                              Yea it's pretty bad ass so far though

1 more out of a million things I want to do to my house. Thanks a lot, asshole.

Comment

. I like being able to see and control what is going on while at wok or driving or what ever. I also like that it tells me the usage history so I can make changes to figure out what helps with the bills etc

Comment

Working...
                                X