Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay, let's compare electric bills for last month...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

found 7.8 with infinity on power to choose.

Comment

dont have the bill in front of me, but 3k sqrft with a pool was $250 with reliant.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        I've always had a locked in rate with Reliant until May when my contract expired. The times I've checked it, it was somewhat competitive. But there is no reason for a 1700 sq ft house to have a $300+ elec bill in the summer. Glad I switched. I'll be saving close to $100/mo for the rest of the summer. If you're not locked in, switch. 4change and Amigo had the best rates when I checked yesterday, Amigo had more BS fees, so I went with 4change. 4change does have a $20/mo early cancellation, and there is a different rate ($0.084 I believe) if you use under 1000kWh. Neither one are an issue for me. Most early termination fees are around $150 anyways, so it works out pretty close to even. Oh, and you HAVE to pay via autodraft with 4change.
        I got 4change at my new house. Haven't received the first bill (autodraft) yet.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          Yep. They forgot that electricity was deregulated, and they still charge monopoly rates from what I hear.

I don't know why anyone would use them. Then I figured out it's old people who are used to them. Found out my parents were using them on my last trip down to Corpus and directed them to power to chose.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
            I got 4change at my new house. Haven't received the first bill (autodraft) yet.
            I don't anticipate any problems, but who knows with a no name company. I signed up around 2:00pm yesterday and they made the switch at 12:00am.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

3000sqft 1607kwhr $161 Coserv. I dont have the option to choose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                I don't know why anyone would use them. Then I figured out it's old people who are used to them. Found out my parents were using them on my last trip down to Corpus and directed them to power to chose.
                We went with them because they were cheap at the time.

.066 x 1000kwh
                .053 x 1548 kwh

The TDU charges were 80 this month. That went up 22 dollars

Comment

Looking at some of these maybe I need to look into change providers.

1977KWH $258.25, I'm only paying 9.4 per kwh, but they add a "utility charge of $63.56 and around $10 in misc fees and taxes.

Comment

not sure what my electric part is, or what my usage was, but my electric/water/sewage/trash/taxes/fees is 189 and some change. about to pay it next week.

Comment

I have two accounts with Amigo Energy... one (our home) is at .085 per KWH and the other (my Mom's house) is at .082 per KWH, both with an ass rapin' service charge of $20.00 per month IF we use LESS than 1000 KWH/month.

I'm pissed at myself for signing up for those plans... but I got stuck on the price per KWH
                      and didn't factor in the service charges.

mardyn

Comment

$276...
                        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

$317.93
                          Big Rooster Racing

Comment

2000 sq ft.

7/17/2013 $176.19 for 1,984 Kwh
                            Last edited by 94form2000z; 07-18-2013, 06:30 PM.

Comment

1408Kwh @ $140 w/ Ambit Energy, 2500sqft 2-story home built in 2006.

Energy Rate per kWh: 8.87¢
                              Average Rate per kWh: 9.9¢

Comment

$190.77 1915KWh used. 2086sq ft house, Coserv (last I checked, Coserv was the only provider in this area)

Comment

Working...
                                X