Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he wants to know, he'll ask.

Comment

I've been in your shoes before. My father had prostate cancer and passed back in 98. The doctors told me he was going to die and I struggled with your same decision. I ended up telling him it was terminal within a few days. It's not an easy thing to go through. If I had to do it again I'd do it the same. Enjoy the time you have left with your father.
      “There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods". Aldous Huxley 1962

Comment

When my Grandpa was diagnosed with lung cancer they gave him 3-6 months and that was IF he did the Chemo treatments. He decided he needed to change his lifestyle a little and he did, He started going to church and sold his car lot and split all of his money up to each of his kids. And he lived a little more than 2 years after that and probably had the best time of his life until about 2 weeks before he passed, and that was the first sign of struggle, and he just made sure he got to see everyone and passed peacefully in the night laying next to my Grandmother.

Comment

He needs to know all the details. Wouldn't you want to know in order to live your last days with meaning?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
            Why does he not know all this already? Did I miss something?
            The doctors are discussing in GREAT detail what's going on with him to the extent he is willing to discuss it. Who really knows what kind of questions to ask when you're faced with something like this? He asks what he can, but he has been a bit oblivious as to the severity of the situation

He knows he is sick and knows it's bad, but also is under the impression that he has a lot more time. The only one swallowing this brutal truth has been Rhonda and she's been fighting this dilema ever since the onset of all this on Father's Day 2010.

She has armed herself with knowlege, and probes the physicians at every turn as to her fathers condition. The doctors are very honest with her and her step mom, as well as everyone else. The dilema is delivering the honest answers to Jeff and get those to come from anyone else besides Rhonda. No one else seems the least bit interested in telling Jeff exactly how bad it is, so Rhonda is stuck with the horrible dilema to tell or not to tell him on her own.

Knowing Rhonda as well as I do, I'm certain that the self punishment she will put herself through later, by not telling him, will be just as bad as the illness itself.

He has some SERIOUS things to deal with before his condition deterriorates and I hope that God can bring Rhonda the peace of mind and soul she deserves, along with the answer she seeks.
            Originally posted by Vertnut
            I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

KC, Rhonda, and family... I know whatever decision is made Jeff will be okay with it. He is a good man, has lived life to the fullest, and done things lesser men could only dream about. My prayers are with y'all.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Tough situation, we are going through almost an identical situation. Thoughts and prayers are with y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                  Do you ever discuss medical issues without referring to your extensive medical background or paramedic training? Good grief.
                  Just offering my 2 cents.....don't get bent about it. And as a Cancer survivor I feel like I have a solid foundation to base my opinion, regarding this topic.

Comment

P.S. - The tags "bye bye" is insensitive and inappropriate. Fuck off to who ever made them.

- Tim

Comment

Tags - whom ever wrote those is a no class mother fucker. I can only hope the mods check to see who it was, then perm ban them. No class pile of shit, I hope you feel like a big man hiding behind your keyboard.
                      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                      Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Originally posted by Samhain View Post
                        Tags - whom ever wrote those is a no class mother fucker. I can only hope the mods check to see who it was, then perm ban them. No class pile of shit, I hope you feel like a big man hiding behind your keyboard.
                        We agree on something!
                        sigpic

Comment

If the person suffering realized they were doing worse than they were prescribed they will know it and you will know when they know it. that person might be able to see in the way you respond to their realization that you knew all along and it may cloud up the situation at a time when everyone needs to be focusing on the situation at hand and cherishing the moments that are left.
                          An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Working...
                          X