No announcement yet.

Best business use credit card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't opening another card just lower my credit rating ?

I am working on buying a large land purchase

(Big to me, not to most here )

I don't want to jack that deal up

Comment

One more time though: you should really push back on this. Business related expenses are the responsibility of the business, and a shop that wants you to foot the bill smells like one that at best isn't running above board, and at worst has money problems. Don't do it, if you can get away with it. If you shell out on a personal card, and they decide to fuck you, you are all the way fucked.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dad View Post

Not necessarily, but building up and paying a big balance off every month will definitely skew it. Don't do it.

Comment

So, charge $2500.00

Pay $2500.00

will be a no-no

so, how does a 1% cash back deal help me in anyway?

Comment

No, that won't hurt you. Just having a big balance on your credit at any one time might mess with it, even if you pay it off directly afterward. A 1% cash back deal will pay you to use the card.

Comment

things get fucky really quick when trying to secure a big loan if your D/I fluctuates a lot. opening another line of credit doesn't necessarily hurt, but most lenders on large loans don't like waves within 6 months of closing
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

So, charge $2500.00

Pay $2500.00

will be a no-no

so, how does a 1% cash back deal help me in anyway?
                if you're spending $2400/mo on the company dime, that's $28.8k... 1% cash back = $2880 in your pocket at the end of the year

Comment

Originally posted by cooter View Post
                  if you're spending $2400/mo on the company dime, that's $28.8k... 1% cash back = $2880 in your pocket at the end of the year :d
                  $288

Comment

lolz
                    Originally posted by davbrucas
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I'll disagree with Amex. It's what I use. Rewards on my Corporate card aren't very good, IMO. Not compared to the cards some of my coworkers use, anyways. AmEx is also not as widely accepted as MC/Visa. Not a problem with hotels, chain restaurants, and gas stations. My job takes me to the boonies quite a bit, and it is a problem at Mom & Pop places. I have to use my personal card maybe 7-10x/month for that reason.

I also disagree with Yale on pushing back on this. If you're secure in your job, get your own card, and choose the rewards that will benefit you the most.

Edit: Disregard my last statement. If they take six weeks to pay an expense check, tell them you need a company card. Screw that. I get mine in 10 days.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                        if you're spending $2400/mo on the company dime, that's $28.8k... 1% cash back = $2880 in your pocket at the end of the year

True, if all goes as planned ..but, I think I'll need to hold balance some to keep the credit card not reporting quick pay and I most likely will need to use my funds to keep it current since I doubt they will pay week to week

In other words as i see it , they are using my money

but, maybe I'm just being an old grouch

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                          $288
                          and then there's that! LOL

Comment

True, if all goes as planned ..but, I think I'll need to hold balance some to keep the credit card not reporting quick pay and I most likely will need to use my funds to keep it current since I doubt they will pay week to week

In other words as i see it , they are using my money

but, maybe I'm just being an old grouch
                            don't need to hold a balance... if you're paying your shit, it shines favorably. Just don't forget a decimal point at ANY point!

Comment

I mean that

I won't be repaid for company expense within 30 days ..

Not all the time I won't for sure

(sure have not up to this point anyway)

Cash purchases have always been up to me

Donuts for work crews,maintenance on vehicle,parking ..etc

it is typically about $150 a week up to now on cash tickets

Comment

I've had to wait a few weeks on expense reports... sucks, but if it comes down to it that it's costing you interest, you can charge them

Comment

Working...
                                X