Best business use credit card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best business use credit card

My company has decided it will be in their best interest to have us, use our own CC cards for everything but fuel

They are giving us a Wright express for my company truck for fuel

But, in motels 3-4 nights a week, and food, etc is all on me

I have several cards with zero -minimal balance (under $200 monthly )

Gas, Citi, Discover , etc

so, looking if I need to add another card for travel to get "points" etc

I expect to use it for about $2400.00 a month ..

And,at what point is getting the refund going to upset you, sounds like I'll not be paid back for at least 2 weeks, and as much as 4 ..which at that time they will owe me another 4 weeks

so, in theory ..It would be possible I assume for them to owe me a constant $2400 or so in some months

Not excited about the change , but I guess they feel we will spend less if its our nickel ??

I don't know why the change .. ?

Added a lot of road people so I suppose they don't want to keep up with all of the cards ??

dude, that's the best possible arrangement! If you bought fuel even better!!!

You're going to have tons of activity on your card. TONS of reward points! And your credit score is gonna shine like a diamond
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Anything with rewards. I freaking love my cabelas rewards card. If I travled more I'd go towards free airfare.

Comment

Discover has a pretty good rewards program, but it's not as widely accepted as Visa and Mastercard.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
          dude, that's the best possible arrangement! If you bought fuel even better!!!

You're going to have tons of activity on your card. TONS of reward points! And your credit score is gonna shine like a diamond

Well, which one ..??

I hate having to get a new card ..

My Citi card has a 50k limit ..choo choo (no balance on it )

but, don't think my rewards are very good.. can you call them and ask them to give them to you ?

I weaned myself off those damm things about 5 years ago

Comment

Depends on what rewards you like. I like American Express Blue Cash - 1% cash back on every purchase. 2% at gas stations and 3% at grocery stores. Those last 2 might not matter as much to you.

Comment

I don't have a AMEX one, I can get one ..but ..

Not excited about opening another line of credit

Unless there is a benefit to it

Comment

Most of the charges will be Motels

On the road Office depot faxes, copies ..

Customer lunches , Company truck maintenance costs

and, remember I don't think I'll be even at end of the month

Boss travels too so, I have seen where my small ones did not get paid back for 6 weeks

I have to have them in no later than Monday of previous week ,or for sure it will be two weeks plus ..

I think, to be honest .. my 1% cash back will not off balance carrying them for month and half but, they promise to be better on it (doubtful)

Comment

Amex dude. It makes things super easy. Having had Visas, Mastercards, and Amex, my preference is Amex all the way. Plus, they take care of business customers. That being said, though, your company needs to be securing these for you, not you for them.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

lol im tarted

I'm no help there. Only rewards program I'm on is Wells Fargo which isn't the greatest. It works out to like .5% cash back. But I have been with WF since the late 90's with no complaints, and I've never been put in a position like yours with a job

Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
                    Well, which one ..??

I hate having to get a new card ..

My Citi card has a 50k limit ..choo choo (no balance on it )

but, don't think my rewards are very good.. can you call them and ask them to give them to you ?

I weaned myself off those damm things about 5 years ago
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                      Amex dude. It makes things super easy. Having had Visas, Mastercards, and Amex, my preference is Amex all the way.

Ok, so ..

could you fill in the blanks on why ?

Just a couple short reasons ?

Thanks

Comment

There's no set limit, the rewards for business customers are great, and they have concierge service.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                          lol im tarted

I'm no help there. Only rewards program I'm on is Wells Fargo which isn't the greatest. It works out to like .5% cash back. But I have been with WF since the late 90's with no complaints, and I've never been put in a position like yours with a job

Lol

I never needed to do it before now myself , always had company cards or was given travel Per diem

Looking for my best option

Thanks for the input Forrest

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                            There's no set limit, the rewards for business customers are great, and they have concierge service.

I'll call them and talk to a rep

Is it worth a call to Citi or Discover on my existing cards ?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
                              I'll call them and talk to a rep

Is it worth a call to Citi or Discover on my existing cards ?
                              If you want to, but they'll most likely want to switch you to a new product specific to your needs. Just run down all the options, and compare them. Here's the Amex business website:

Explore all the rewards and benefits of business credit cards from American Express and find the right business card to help grow and run your business.

Comment

Working...
                              X