• Marine goes after car thief.

Unsuccessfully though unfortunately.

---------------------------------------------

Armed U.S. Marine chases after truck thief in Conroe

by Drew Karedes / KHOU 11 News

khou.com

Posted on July 15, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Updated yesterday at 10:43 PM

CONROE, Texas -- He served his country for nine years, but this time, a U.S. Marine from Conroe was ready to open fire in his own backyard.

Sam Michaels awoke to the sound of his truck starting up last Friday night around 10:30 p.m.

Michaels looked down from his second story window and saw his truck backing up. He grabbed his 9 millimeter handgun and ran downstairs as quickly as he could.

Michaels chased after the truck, but the criminal sped out of the gated Conroe complex.

“I’m obviously trained around weapons. I’m not just going to shoot blindly into something. I’m going to see my target before I fire,” Michaels said. “If I would’ve caught them then yeah, the scene would’ve been different. He would’ve been dead.”

Michaels said the 2005 white Dodge Cummins Diesel meant a great deal to him and his wife.

The two love the truck so much they posed with it to celebrate their engagement. “She was kind of our pride and joy,” said wife Clarissa Michaels.

Sam Michaels recently returned home to his wife after training in Camp Pendleton. Through a number of trips away from home and three tours of duty in Iraq, the truck has been a symbol of everything they’ve endured.

Michaels wants this criminal to know that he’s lucky to have escaped with his life.

“It’s a big risk for them. Every time they steal a car, they are playing with life and death because they don’t know who is on the other side and whose car they are stealing,” Michaels said.

The truck was stolen near Wilson Road and I-45 in Conroe. The license plate is 58DVY8.

If you see it you’re asked to call Conroe Police.

Cooter got tired of Fords and finally wanted to go back to a white Dodge diesel, drove all the way to Conroe from Alvin to take it, too!

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
      Michaels said the 2005 white Dodge Cummins Diesel meant a great deal to him and his wife.

The two love the truck so much they posed with it to celebrate their engagement. “She was kind of our pride and joy,” said wife Clarissa Michaels.
      aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we have just described Conroe.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post

god bless.
        This.

Comment

god bless.
          i Lol'd because its true.

Comment

god bless.
            lmao exactly!
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Lmao

Comment

Just how easy is it to steal an 04 or 08 dodge?......seeing as we have one of each!

Comment

Pretty easy, I see in my line of work Fords are first, followed by Dodge.

Comment

god bless.
                    Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                    This.
                    Originally posted by Binky View Post
                    i Lol'd because its true.
                    Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                    lmao exactly!

welcome to Conroe! I usually stop to eat at the Casa Ole next door to this place.

CONROE, Texas — A 19-year-old shoplifting suspect in Conroe was shot and killed by an off-duty sergeant who said the teen choked him to the point of nearly passing out, police said.

The Conroe Police Department said officers were dispatched to the Walmart on N. Loop 336 W after store employees tried to stop a young man, Russell Rios, who allegedly stole a pair of iPhone cases early Wednesday evening.

Off-duty police Sgt. Jason Blackwelder was briefed by the workers and chased down the suspect in a wooded area southwest of the store, according to police.

“Once in the woods, the suspect and the officer became engaged in a very intense struggle, and at one point the officer was being choked by the suspect,” said Sgt. Dorcy Riddle. “… to the extent that he thought he was going to lose consciousness.”

Blackwelder fired his weapon, striking Rios and killing him. The sergeant was treated for minor injuries at the hospital and later released.

KHOU 11 News spoke with friends and family of the suspect early Thursday.

Family members didn’t want to go on-camera, but friends said Rios had just started working at a bank and was going to Lone Star College. They said they are upset over his death and questioned the officer’s use of deadly force.

As per protocol, the sergeant will be placed on administrative leave until the conclusion of the investigation, police said.

“There was no point to kill him. There could have been a warning shot. There could have been another way of protecting," Aldair Ortega, friend of Rios, said.

Another friend agreed.

“His life shouldn’t have been taken for a stupid iPhone case. Let the kid run,” Dolores Gutierrez said. “His mother would’ve been more than happy to pay Walmart back for a case.”

In an unrelated crime, police were called back to the same Walmart on Thursday morning after a man was carjacked at gunpoint. No injuries were reported.

very deomcratic way of thinking!

god bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

welcome to Conroe! I usually stop to eat at the Casa Ole next door to this place.

CONROE, Texas — A 19-year-old shoplifting suspect in Conroe was shot and killed by an off-duty sergeant who said the teen choked him to the point of nearly passing out, police said.

The Conroe Police Department said officers were dispatched to the Walmart on N. Loop 336 W after store employees tried to stop a young man, Russell Rios, who allegedly stole a pair of iPhone cases early Wednesday evening.

Off-duty police Sgt. Jason Blackwelder was briefed by the workers and chased down the suspect in a wooded area southwest of the store, according to police.

“Once in the woods, the suspect and the officer became engaged in a very intense struggle, and at one point the officer was being choked by the suspect,” said Sgt. Dorcy Riddle. “… to the extent that he thought he was going to lose consciousness.”

Blackwelder fired his weapon, striking Rios and killing him. The sergeant was treated for minor injuries at the hospital and later released.

KHOU 11 News spoke with friends and family of the suspect early Thursday.

Family members didn’t want to go on-camera, but friends said Rios had just started working at a bank and was going to Lone Star College. They said they are upset over his death and questioned the officer’s use of deadly force.

As per protocol, the sergeant will be placed on administrative leave until the conclusion of the investigation, police said.

“There was no point to kill him. There could have been a warning shot. There could have been another way of protecting," Aldair Ortega, friend of Rios, said.

Another friend agreed.

“His life shouldn’t have been taken for a stupid iPhone case. Let the kid run,” Dolores Gutierrez said. “His mother would’ve been more than happy to pay Walmart back for a case.”

In an unrelated crime, police were called back to the same Walmart on Thursday morning after a man was carjacked at gunpoint. No injuries were reported.

very deomcratic way of thinking!

god bless.
                      yeah, it's funny how they think the only crime was stealing $50 in plastic instead of the assault on a police officer. To them, that wasn't a crime I guess. Idiots.

Comment

Working...
                      X