Top 5 favorite books.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chili View Post
    I do, quite a bit. Mostly stuff surrounding wars or battles but have also read some general history stuff. My favorite was an abridged version of the Lewis and Clark journals. I enjoyed an abridged version of the Jefferson letters too.

When are you going to learn how to tell an abridged story?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      When are you going to learn how to tell an abridged story?
      Yuk, yuk..

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
        Thanks for turning me on to ender's game JEWRICK. I bought Ender's game, Ender in exile, and Speaker for the dead.

I've read the first one, almost done with exile, and will be starting on Speaker for the dead either today or tomorrow.
        He may have some crazy political leanings but the guy is a great writer. Check out Pastwatch, the Redemption of Christopher Columbus. It's a mix of Sci-fi and history and is really entertaining.

The Shadow Series in the Enderverse is not bad either, it tells the story from the perspective of the character Bean from Ender's Game.
        QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

1. The only thing worth dying for - Eric Blehm (incredible story, very well researched, and hell of a writer)
          2. Horse Soldiers - Doug Stanton (another well researched book)
          3. Lone Survivor - Marcus Luttrell (do I need to say anything about this book?)
          4. The men, the mission and me - Col. Pete Blaber (talks about lessons he learned in military career and how to use them in business)
          5. Any book in the Barker and Llewelyn series by Will Thomas (wife and I both love this series, too bad the guy uses a typewriter and it takes him 5 years to finish a book)

Sure I may be missing some but you get the gist.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanner27 View Post
            Pale Horse Coming - Stephen Hunter
            Motor Mouth - Janet Evanovich
            Hondo - Louis L'amour
            Roadkill - Kinky Friedman
            Dirty White Boys - Stephen Hunter
            Pale Horse Coming was badass!

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
              Jesus, does anyone here read nonfiction?
              It's effectively all I read, but I don't think anyone is gonna go snatch up a copy of "Valuing Derivatives with Global Exposure in a Deflationary Environment".

The book I did mention is educational fiction. If dfwm-ers read it, I think the political forum would generate about half the traffic that it currently does.
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                Jesus, does anyone here read nonfiction?
                No but I live it.
                Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Working...
                X