raised over $1600 for one of my brothers today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raised over $1600 for one of my brothers today

i'll try to keep it short so the trolls can get to work.

this is in lieu of the "what if TV was white" posts i've been getting.

The Swiss Avenue Place Apartments, near the intersection with Peak Street, are several blocks and several social rungs away from the ritzy end of the East Dallas boulevard. The cars aren't as nice, the surrounding homes not as well kept. There's a lot more crime, too, mostly car break-ins, domestic...

Bryan is a 4th year apprentice in Local 100. for those who need cliff notes; his truck was stolen and he called to report it, 2 days later he was found unconscious and unresponsive on his front porch. police thought it was a gun shot to the head, but it turns out he was beaten with a piece of pipe/tire iron/ or wrench. he has lost the use of one eye and had part of his skull removed. he was placed in a medically induced coma, but i learned today he was out of the coma, but not still fully responsive.

This touched my heart because he is 25 years old and these events happened just two blocks from where i used to live in east dallas. I can only imagine he lived there because it is close to the school, and close to downtown/ any of our job sites.

Well i learned about this saturday night, and at 7 am I went to CVS and bought a "we are thinking about you card. I relayed the story to the 30-40 guys at work and amazingly everyone donated roughly $640 out of their own pockets to donate to the family/fiance/medical bills.

We had a union meeting tonight, where bryan's situation was brought up... towards the close of the meeting i brought it up again and mentioned what our jobsite alone was able to conjure up for a stranger, yet a brother of our own. The few members that were there kicked in another $1000 dollars to donate to Bryan.

I left the card/money with our business manager who has been in constant contact with the family, to remove any speculation that the money would get to Bryan.

Before hate/insults towards me, i ask that ya'll will keep this young man in your prayers. he is a stranger to all, but still a son/brother/friend to all of us through christ!

god bless.

here is a pic of brian for those that wont click the link

THE BAD HOMBRE

How can we contribute?

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
      How can we contribute?
      This.

Comment

in all seriousness i will contact the hall tomorrow, and see how i can set this up.. thanks yall for being serious, this situation hits MUCH closer to home than the sanford florida BS. we got our own problems right here in our own backyard, and regardless of race, it's people killing people.
        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

I didn't realize you could pay medical bills with food stamps.
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
            I didn't realize you could pay medical bills with food stamps.
            leaving this on you.
            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Great job, Rodney. Let us know how to donate; I'm good for a few bucks.

Comment

I saw this on the news the other day. Sounds like just an awful situation. I hope he makes a fast recovery and that they catch those responsible.
                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

That's awesome of you.
                  Originally posted by Buzzo
                  Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Feel for the kid, good for you Rodney.

Comment

Everyone always said you weren't that big of a dick bag in person. I never really believed them.

Comment

Let me know how I can help. I know a couple guys in Local 100, too, if you need me to touch base with them.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Jigga What? View Post
                          in all seriousness i will contact the hall tomorrow, and see how i can set this up.. thanks yall for being serious, this situation hits MUCH closer to home than the sanford florida BS. we got our own problems right here in our own backyard, and regardless of race, it's people killing people.
                          Is it all that hard to just act normal all the time, or do you just have to go full retard on this board?

Kudos to you though for helping this person out.
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                            Everyone always said you weren't that big of a dick bag in person. I never really believed them.
                            Told you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                              Told you.
                              No one likes people that run around and say "told you". Dick bag.

Comment

Working...
                              X