Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to buy LEDs for Power Wheels mod project?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy LEDs for Power Wheels mod project?

I found a ford mustang power wheels for sale in Arlington I'm going to pickup later today and try to modify for my middle daughters birthday. Only issue is I've never done is before and not sure where to purchase LEDs. All I'm doing is installing some lights in the headlights and tail lights that I assume I'll hookup off a toggle switch installed on the dash. Doesn't sound too hard, it's a 12v system.

If you know an online retail or physical shop here in the metroplex to get these LEDs and supplies let me know. Also, anyone else here done this before?

frys does but they are ungodly overpriced.

Microcenter used to have them but were about the same price.

Comment

Super Bright LEDs is one of the largest online retailers of LED lighting for commercial and residential uses. Enjoy free/same-day shipping on qualifying orders!
      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

These guys are over by Speedzone and the place looks huge
        Shop smart lighting solutions at LED City for Commercial and Home interiors and exteriors. Quality and deals await in our shop!

Comment

A&R motorsports

Comment

I bought everything either from eBay or Tanner electronics in Carrollton/ farmers branch

eBay is obviously cheaper but the local store has everything right there

1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Oh he'll yea, that's what I'm looking to do Turbo Rail.

How long did that take you?

How difficult was it?

Here is the car I'm going to get......

Was thinking I could do:

Headlights
              Taillights
              Fog lights
              Turn signals

Since it's used was considering pulling off the body and taking it to a local paint body shop see if they could shoot it real quick...
              Last edited by SMKR; 07-14-2013, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                I bought everything either from eBay or Tanner electronics in Carrollton/ farmers branch

eBay is obviously cheaper but the local store has everything right there

Also, I've seen a few people upgrade motors, drive train, etc. Did you ever get that in depth?

Comment

It wasn't hard at all. not sure how long I spent on it but I was taking my time since I've never done anything with LEDs I did it the long way I'm sure since I used individual LEDs and resistors. I bought some on eBay that are led boards and you just hook up power and ground to them and you're done

I haven't done motors yet because she is still learning. ( she got a 6v beetle for Christmas ( she was 2 years and a month old). I bought the 12v jeep to mod and take to my dads lake property)

She isn't quite ready for more power yet

Comment

I have a thread on here about the jeep build I think. Ill look for the link

Comment

Daughters Powerwheels Jeep
                      Stacy (wife) decided to get our daughter Morgan ( just turned 2) a Barbie beetle for Christmas since she did pretty decent in my nephews lighting McQueen car this weekend Like everything else, I found a forum that is a group of people that modify Powerwheels ( www.modifiedpowerwheels.com) I see theses guys making them faster

Comment

Thanks.

I wanted to upgrade to 18v from 12v, and swap to hpi 550 motors, but am not sure about pinion depth, gears, etc.

Comment

What would be a cool mustang paint scheme, or stripe kit to install that resembles what for offers on the new mustangs? I figured white decals or stripes over the pink

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                            What would be a cool mustang paint scheme, or stripe kit to install that resembles what for offers on the new mustangs? I figured white decals or stripes over the pink
                            I think the Boss stripes are good lookin'.

Comment

Ricer in training?
                              Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                              Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                              Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                              You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Working...
                              X