Help - pretty please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - pretty please

Does anyone have a "in" at a car rental company? I am taking the Brady Bunch on a vacation next month and there are 5 of us driving 12-14 hours one way... 2 adults 3 teens/pre-teens and all we have are small SUV's. I would really like to rent/borrow/steal a 3 row seat large SUV or maybe even a van of some sort, but it needs to make financial sense.

So anyone know someone in the biz? Leah, got me a groupon for a Brady Bunchmobile?

TIA

David
    GIFSoup

Borrow BradM's van.

/thread

Comment

Now, I owe it to myself to tell you, Mr. Griswold, that if you are thinking of taking the tribe cross country, this is your automobile. The Wagon Queen Family Truckster. You think you hate it now, but wait till you drive it.

Comment

ask DOHCTR

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          ask DOHCTR
          Do I get his guns too?
          GIFSoup

Comment

Seriously? None of you tards know anyone that works at a rental car agency??
            GIFSoup

Comment

Originally posted by mirefire 2.0 View Post
              Seriously? None of you tards know anyone that works at a rental car agency??
              Seriously pm dohctr

Comment

As much as I am sure that you, and nobody else on this board, would want to rent a minivan... That is your best bet. SUV's will be more expensive, and have shittier gas mileage. Just find one with a weekly rate and unlimited mileage.

I think you can find deals on them from priceline.. At least you used to be able to.

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                  Seriously pm dohctr
                  No offense to his pops, and maybe dochtr can get him a special discount, but if not, renting a full size van from a place like Capps is expensive as fuck. If you need something that carries more than 6 or 7 people, that is your best bet. But only needing to transport 5, a minivan is going to be way less expensive.

Comment

I know someone who works @ Alamo/Enterprise @ DFW airport.
                    Allstate Insurance
                    Dominguez Agency
                    1101 E. Bardin Rd. suite 141
                    Arlington, TX. 76018
                    817-405-2011
                    tdominguez@allstate.com
                    Give us a call so we can take a look at your insurance needs, we may be able to save you $$!!

Comment

Enterprise doesnt give crap for employee discounts. When I was looking at them a perk would have been accruing rental points for a car but they wouldnt even do that or even anythijg more than a 10% discount

Comment

Damn, I wished I had more Hertz points than enough to rent a Porsche for two weeks..... oh, wait.....

Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Stng5Pnt8 View Post
                          I know someone who works @ Alamo/Enterprise @ DFW airport.
                          Any possibility of asking for a "board favor"?
                          GIFSoup

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                            As much as I am sure that you, and nobody else on this board, would want to rent a minivan... That is your best bet. SUV's will be more expensive, and have shittier gas mileage. Just find one with a weekly rate and unlimited mileage.

I think you can find deals on them from priceline.. At least you used to be able to.
                            Craig I am down for a mini-van.. I just can't find one for less than an arm and a leg..
                            GIFSoup

Comment

Originally posted by mirefire 2.0 View Post
                              Craig I am down for a mini-van.. I just can't find one for less than an arm and a leg..
                              Gotcha.. Have you tried Hotwire or one of those type sites? Do you have the passbook? I think they have "x percentage off" coupons.

Comment

Working...
                              X