House explodes in Corpus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House explodes in Corpus

Damn. Only a few blocks from my parents place. Gas leak likely?

CORPUS CHRISTI — A home explosion on Holmes Drive injured three people, two with critical injuries, and damaged homes three blocks away Friday morning.

Multiple Corpus Christi Fire Department crews were called about 5:30 a.m. to the 4800 block of Holmes, near McArdle Road, fire officials said. The home had fire coming from the center of the structure and most of the roof was missing when firefighters arrived.

Fire Chief Andy Cardiel said he can confirm that two people were taken to Christus Spohn Hospital Memorial by ambulance.

A third person did request treatment. She was treated at the scene and refused transport, Cardiel said.

The two men taken to the hospital were flown later to San Antonio Military Medical Center's burn unit.

My fiancee lives in Corpus and was up getting ready for work when the house blew up..said she was watching the news when it happened and it shook the broadcasting station..couple of her friends live a block away and they thought it was a bomb..my first guess was meth house..

Comment

Originally posted by 86silverbullett View Post
      my first guess was meth house..

Possible. Geez, it looks like it was hit by a twister. Look at the garage door of the house next door. I'd be pissed!

Comment

I think this is from the same blast?

[yt]un6QPi6Z4o[/yt]

Clearer footage of anchors at the moment of this morning's explosion on the 4800 block of Holmes and McArdle.
        2014 GT
        2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

gas leak mob hit, maybe?

Comment

Working...
          X