No announcement yet.

New job possible and considerations....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New job possible and considerations....

I have been with my company 20 years. Due to some recent management changes, they want to move everyone around. Nevermind how well things were working. Anyway, it put me in a position to have to find something else in the company or external. I have interviewed and pretty much given an internal position, but it is a lateral move. The mgmt team is great and a lot of good things I have heard from current and former members of the team and there is a lot of opportunity here. I am excited about it. Along with it are other pains I am prepared for, but the commute is very nearly a deal breaker.

If I factor in the commute, it kills it from being a lateral move. Approximately $6600 in fuel costs alone in a year that I do not spend now and I am not sure I could afford. While the move would be good for my career, I am not sure I could float it until the pay caught up so I am looking for how to word it. The manager is very approachable, but I am hesitant how to bring this up.

Honest and direct is how I would handle it. That's a big chunk of money.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      Honest and direct is how I would handle it. That's a big chunk of money.
      that.

I got to move to a place a bit closer to my house, but it wasnt just offered. I gave them a figure like you did of what it would save me, and management approved it.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

And remember if that is just fuel cost, your overall cost is much more. Tires, oil changes, and devaluation on your car, due to mileage.
        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
        86 SVO - Sold
        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Working...
        X