Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I thought Dodge was supposed to be bad, this F150 blows.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
    LOL. They must really suck since they sell so many of them each and every year.

From personal experince, 97-03 F-150s are bullet proof as long as you keep up with fluids and they are cheap as hell to buy.

Waiting for the piston slap owners to mention something about the spark plugs shooting out.
    yeah, 04+ got like 6 or 8 threads on the plugs instead of 4.

anyone who thinks the fords are crap is a brokedick dodge owner.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
      Sup Damon. I traded my 06 FX4 in yesterday on a '13 ecoboost 4x4 crew cab. fucking LOVE it. i dig that they got rid of the tunnel/hump in the back passenger area too. Feels great and I really like the low end torque, they say 90% of max tq is available from 1700-redline. I am purposely not watching the MPG chart on my first full tank and driving it like i would normally, so hopefully i'll have some real world mpg numbers soon. Next Friday we start on our move from Oregon to Virginia with a 8.5x16' enclosed trailer in tow, hoping the eco really shines where my 5.4 didn't. Also a lot of what im reading says dont mind the mpg until around 3k and then it starts getting better.
      I brought mine home last night (from Skip & Co of course). I haven't gotten much seat time, and the weather is keeping me from getting any pictures, but it really is a nice truck. I went ahead and went with the Ecoboost even though it has mixed reviews. People seem to either love it or hate it. I liked the way it felt even if I don't end up with much better mpgs. I did average 20 mpgs in the rain on the way home from Grapevine, so it's off to a decent start! I can't believe how much roomier it feels then the '06!
      DamonH

Comment

they say real world miles for the v8 and eco are about the same, the eco just has more power. i love my truck!
        ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
          they say real world miles for the v8 and eco are about the same, the eco just has more power. i love my truck!
          That's my biggest complaint on my 5.4l. Gas mileage is 14-16, but it's hard to beat "paid for" which keeps me from getting a 13...

Comment

My neighbor got an 08, grenaded the ac compressor at 80k. She ain't got $$'s to fix yet. Its about the newest one ive worked on, so guess they pretty good trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
              I've been driving an 07 F150 for the last couple of days, and I hate to say it as a ford fan, but it sucks out loud.

The seats are uncomfortble, hard, and the arm rest seems to be a touch low.

The doors rattle when you hit the slightest bump. Maybe the regular cabs are worse, but it annoys the shit out of me. Speaking of the regular cab, the second door for behind the seat access creates a blind spot from hell.

The ride is rough. My Dodge is a lifted 4x4 and it rides smoother.

Overall, Im unimpressed. I was thinking about a new ecoboost crew cab, but after this, I'll keep what I have...
              My 97 f150 ext cab 4x4 is a smooth ride and comfy... no rattle or wind noises. I enjoy all 177k miles it has. Minus it having a gutless 4.6L that gulps fuel, I love this truck. Sounds like urs wasnt cared for. Especially when a 16 yr old f150 is riding better and with a bunch of miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                My 97 f150 ext cab 4x4 is a smooth ride and comfy... no rattle or wind noises. I enjoy all 177k miles it has. Minus it having a gutless 4.6L that gulps fuel, I love this truck. Sounds like urs wasnt cared for. Especially when a 16 yr old f150 is riding better and with a bunch of miles.
                97 is a lot better truck than the 07, IMHO.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                  97 is a lot better truck than the 07, IMHO.
                  I believe it. Id only get rid of this truck for the right stock foxbody or sn95 cobra... it truely is a beast. Wife loves this truck. Her suv's hella faster then mine with better mileage. 99 eddie bauer exploder 5.0... another awesome ford from yesteryear.

Comment

I love my ecoboost 13, I have 12k miles, mileage keep getting better, tows great. I got 24mpg coming back from austin doin ~68 mph a little while back, i'm sure I had a tailwind helping me though. I will say that the truck doesn't feel "solid" the doors shake when you close them and when going over nasty bumps it seems like there is a bit of movement, the dodge that I drove was better in this respect, GM was just as bad as the ford IMO. Also, with both my 13 and my 2010 that I had the rear axle pulses when going over bumps, it's like this
                    BUMP shake shake shake
                    It does better with some weight in the bed, I figure the rear suspension has a very tough job of being able to handle 2000lb over the axle AND 4000lb over the axle so ford had to compromise a bit.
                    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                      That's my biggest complaint on my 5.4l. Gas mileage is 14-16, but it's hard to beat "paid for" which keeps me from getting a 13...
                      sorry i mean the 5.0 v8, its still 3 or 4 mpgs better than your 5.4..
                      ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Working...
                      X