Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I thought Dodge was supposed to be bad, this F150 blows.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought Dodge was supposed to be bad, this F150 blows.

I've been driving an 07 F150 for the last couple of days, and I hate to say it as a ford fan, but it sucks out loud.

The seats are uncomfortble, hard, and the arm rest seems to be a touch low.

The doors rattle when you hit the slightest bump. Maybe the regular cabs are worse, but it annoys the shit out of me. Speaking of the regular cab, the second door for behind the seat access creates a blind spot from hell.

The ride is rough. My Dodge is a lifted 4x4 and it rides smoother.

Overall, Im unimpressed. I was thinking about a new ecoboost crew cab, but after this, I'll keep what I have...
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

The '11+ models are leaps and bounds better than any older models. Test one.

Comment

Found On (the) Road Dead

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
        This is true!
        Wanna see my care face???

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
          I've been driving an 07 F150 for the last couple of days, and I hate to say it as a ford fan, but it sucks out loud
          You've only driven this truck a few days, maybe it hasn't been cared and maintained properly?

Comment

But does the seat squeak?
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Yeah like it was stated above... 11+ are so much more badass dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Blakeski View Post
                This is true!
                That's good to know. I would love to buy a new F250 or F350 with the 6.7, but I dont have choo$$$ choooo$$$. The ecoboost crew cab with a 6' bed looks like it would do what I need it to, and I wouldnt loose fuel economy and woud still have a reasonable tow capacity.

But not if this was what I was to expect of it.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I just bought a newer Silverado so take this with a grain of salt but the last few years of F150s are amazing trucks. I drove an 07 in 07 for a bit and they do not compare at all to the newest offerings from Ford.

Comment

You've only driven this truck a few days, maybe it hasn't been cared and maintained properly?
                    That is possible, but it isnt whored out either. Its not sloppy or loose, feels night and tight. Runs good, but with the v6 doesnt have much power.

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                    But does the seat squeak?
                    Nope, but its not a king ranch either.

Comment

I am a lifelong Ford fan but I loved my previous 2012 ram 1500 much more than my wife's current 2011 F150. I also enjoyed my 2007 Ram 1500 much more than my 2008 F150.

Ram trucks are nice.
                      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
                        I just bought a newer Silverado so take this with a grain of salt but the last few years of F150s are amazing trucks. I drove an 07 in 07 for a bit and they do not compare at all to the newest offerings from Ford.
                        I bet you can't wait to start adding a qt of oil everyth 1,000 miles!
                        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                          I am a lifelong Ford fan but I loved my previous 2012 ram 1500 much more than my wife's current 2011 F150. I also enjoyed my 2007 Ram 1500 much more than my 2008 F150.

Ram trucks are nice.
                          Maybe I was expecting too much. I always hear "ford interiors are so much better than dodge" but Im not seeing it here. The dash isnt falling apart, though. Comparing the two trucks is interesting. My dodge has its own set of issues, but they dont bother me near as much, if at all.

Comment

I switched from Ford to GM. I love my new Silverado, and loved my old company Silverado.

Comment

All Dodge truck dashes disintegrate.
                              2007+ Chevy/GM dashes disintegrate.
                              I have not seen any 2004+ F150 dashes broken but maybe some are. 1997-2003 (2004 heritage) F150 dashes are usually not broken unless someone has stolen the radio out of them and destroyed the middle of the dash.
                              My 2006 F150 supercrew doors don't rattle and it rides pretty good IMO.
                              If the 07 F150 you have is an extended cab, I'll bet the doors rattle like a mofo since there is no B pillar.

Comment

Working...
                              X