Anyone tried acupuncture for back pain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
    ease into it. it will help on 2 levels, you wont hurt yourself, and you wont be so sore that you learn to hate it. light weight with proper form will help you a ton i bet.

god bless.
    Are we still talking about back pain?

That's the same line I use, along with, "Just breathe. You'll fill a little pressure."

Comment

I never tried it. My ortho and sports medicine docs seemed to be pretty against it.
      What I've found that works best for me to break an episode of pain (usually brought on by muscle spasms) is:
      1) Large doses of naprosyn/naproxyn/Aleve (all basically the same thing)

2) Moist heat (sitting in the shower with almost unbearably hot water hitting directly on my back for 20+ minutes)

3) Hamstring stretching. One in particular that works well is laying flat on your back, with your butt against the baseboard, and your legs completely flat against the wall facing straight up. 5 to 10 minutes seems to be about best.

Hope you feel better soon dude.
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
        I may have found a way to get you laid!!

LOL!

Eric, call and make an appointment with Dr. David Lee @ Orion Health. Tell him I referred you. Not acupuncture, but I guarantee he will help. You're going to scream, yell, and cuss during the appointment. And you'll want to go straight home and go to bed. But it WILL help.

Hard to argue with these reviews... He is a chiropractor, but he isn't the typical chiropractor. He practices ART (active release technique), which is all soft tissue related. He's not going to pop your back and send you on your way. He's going to fucking hurt you, deep in the muscle, and relieve the pain.

PINEWOOD CHIROPRACTIC PLLC is a Chiropractor facility at 6060 N CENTRAL EXPY SUITE 318 in DALLAS, TX.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          LOL!

Eric, call and make an appointment with Dr. David Lee @ Orion Health. Tell him I referred you. Not acupuncture, but I guarantee he will help. You're going to scream, yell, and cuss during the appointment. And you'll want to go straight home and go to bed. But it WILL help.

Hard to argue with these reviews... He is a chiropractor, but he isn't the typical chiropractor. He practices ART (active release technique), which is all soft tissue related. He's not going to pop your back and send you on your way. He's going to fucking hurt you, deep in the muscle, and relieve the pain.

http://www.wellness.com/reviews/3905...i-chiropractor
          ART is no joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
            ART is no joke.
            No kidding. I've been going to this guy for years, but most recently had to see him for my shoulder issues. It helps. It hurts like a mother fucker. He's had me near tears. But the relief is almost instant, even though it comes with more temporary pain.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

+1 for yoga. Helps for overall wellness physically and mentally as well.
              WRX

Comment

Yoga helps my back. Scott, if you're stretching and that helps, yoga will, too.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

One word, Tetter...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                    Yoga helps my back. Scott, if you're stretching and that helps, yoga will, too.
                    For the last time. I will NOT send you pictures of me in yoga pants.
                    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                      For the last time. I will NOT send you pictures of me in yoga pants.
                      They were for me. Thanks.

Comment

Lolz at Henry on a Teeter Hang up!!!!!

Comment

Find a good massage therapist that specializes in trigger point therapy.

If you take a acupuncture chart and overlay a massage therapy chart, you'd be amazed at the similarities. You probably have some serious triggers giving your muscles fits.

Like Brent said, it will hurt to resolve some of the triggers, but it will help tremendously.

Comment

If none of the above works, there's always heroin.

Comment

Working...
                            X