No announcement yet.

Anyone tried acupuncture for back pain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried acupuncture for back pain?

I'm pretty much out of options that I haven't tried. Most of my problems are muscular from cartwheeling a car in 2001, and extend from where my neck meets my skull to my lower back, and encompassing everything in between. Is this stuff bullshit or what?

Have you tried yoga?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
      Have you tried yoga?

That looks more painful than where I'm already at.

Comment

I did for lower back pain (muscle tweak).

It pretty much caused little mini-traumas, so it kinda tricked my body into sending more blood/defenses to those areas as well as numbed/relaxed those areas. I only did it twice, and while I felt looser I did feel some tenderness and soreness for a few days.

It's "mystical" BS about solving diabetes and other little ailments is bullshit IMHO, but it helped me with problems that weren't too deep. I don't think it'll do much for anything like bone/tendon/joint type stuff.

Comment

You'd be surprised. My MIL had compressed and bulging disc and was slated for corrective surgery. She started yoga ~12 years ago or so and it has greatly relieved back pressure and pain.

Comment

Have you tried hitting yourself?

Comment

You'd be surprised. My MIL had compressed and bulging disc and was slated for corrective surgery. She started yoga ~12 years ago or so and it has greatly relieved back pressure and pain.
              It's all fun and games until Eric gets stuck in the "Downward Facing Dog" position.

Comment

start working out bro.

god bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
                  It's all fun and games until Eric gets stuck in the "Downward Facing Dog" position.
                  False. That's when the fun begins.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                    False. That's when the fun begins.
                    I may have found a way to get you laid!!

Comment

Hell, it's one more thing to try at least. I'd never even thought of it. It's getting hard to make a living with these constant problems.

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                      Have you tried hitting yourself?
                      I was beating on myself a little this morning, and it gave me a temporary sense of euphoria. Probably shouldn't do it at work, though.

Sounds like a good time to me.

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                      start working out bro.

god bless.
                      Been trying. My problem right now is I always end up overdoing it and hurting myself more. Waiting on the floors to go in my workout room to buy the weight bench and work on my neck and shoulders more. I think that will help.

Comment

High five!

Comment

ease into it. it will help on 2 levels, you wont hurt yourself, and you wont be so sore that you learn to hate it. light weight with proper form will help you a ton i bet.

god bless.
                          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                            High five!
                            Fuck you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                              ease into it. it will help on 2 levels, you wont hurt yourself, and you wont be so sore that you learn to hate it. light weight with proper form will help you a ton i bet.

god bless.
                              This.

You might also look into swimming, its hard to beat for a good full body workout, and you have to try to overdo it in the pool, and its no impact. My doc recomended it when I was coming off of knee surgury.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X