Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My House Needs Foundation Repair.. Referals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My House Needs Foundation Repair.. Referals?

Like the Title Says.

Our house in NRH needs some Foundation love and we need bids to get it fixed. The texas sumers aren't doing us any favors.

And while we are it we are going to get bids for a sprinkler system. I like lawn work but tend to work long hours and the better half is usually occupied with our 2 year old when I'm not home so she can't water much either. It stays nice in the spring when I water inconsistently but I can't keep up in the summer. We also travel a lot so it gets neglected.

Looking for suggestions on companies to use or If members here are in either business in my area I'd be happy to use somebody from DFWM

Our house is close to the Davis and Mid-Cities Intersection for Reference.

Thanks!
    Trey

I live in the same area and I need my slab repaired also .
    Big Rooster Racing

Comment

I used Structured Foundation. They came in substantially lower than other companies and were in/out in a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
        I used Structured Foundation. They came in substantially lower than other companies and were in/out in a day.
        Thanks...

I sent them an email.

Comment

My buddy is a realtor and he always suggests going with an independent engineer, and then take your recommendation to a couple of companies. Foundation companies are in the business to sell piers, and the more they sell the more they make.

My friend recommended Burgess engineering. It's $350 and they come out and do the analysis. Consult isn't cheap but if they save you 1 pier ab independent report will save you more than you spent. Lots of shady foundation companies out there

Comment

For your sprinkler system, I submit my buddy Kevin Grokett.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
              My buddy is a realtor and he always suggests going with an independent engineer, and then take your recommendation to a couple of companies. Foundation companies are in the business to sell piers, and the more they sell the more they make.

My friend recommended Burgess engineering. It's $350 and they come out and do the analysis. Consult isn't cheap but if they save you 1 pier ab independent report will save you more than you spent. Lots of shady foundation companies out there
              Nice, wouldn't have thought of that. Thanks Tim.

Comment

If you do that, give me a shot at it, if you don't mind. I have two different crews that do foundations, and they are both very good at what they do.
                www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

I used A-Plus Foundation Repair. I liked that they explained what caused the issue and suggested changes to be made around the house to lessen the chance of having other parts of the house have a problem in the future. Other guys just wanted to put piers around the entire house. A-Plus's apporach what cost effective and it proved to work.

972-446-2595.

If you speak to Jim (the owner) tell him Trevor in Carrollton referred you.

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
                    Nice, wouldn't have thought of that. Thanks Tim.
                    No problem man... Our new house we thought had foundation problems. Had an engineer out there and he said it was a drainage problem. The middle of out house was a hair high. We are on pier and beam. He suggested just installing gutters and adding some french drains to shed the water away from the foundation. The soil getting wet has caused swelling in the soil which pushed the middle of our house up a bit. Gutters is a hell of a lot cheaper than foundation work.

Also, you have to watch out. Lots of people swear by sprinklers or soaker hoses to water a foundation. This can be good or bad, just depends on when and how dry/wet the soil was when the foundation was poured. You need consistency. Taking a new foundation that was poured on a dry ass soil and watering the hell out of it all the time will cause swelling (more in clay than other soils) and can cause foundation problems.

Comment

Another vote for Structured Foundation. But who ever you use , be prepared - when they're done , you will have twice as many cracks in your walls.

Comment

Originally posted by white trash wagon View Post
                        Another vote for Structured Foundation. But who ever you use , be prepared - when they're done , you will have twice as many cracks in your walls.
                        Don't care.. I can fix those. The 2" gap between the garage door frame and the brick surrounding the garage is getting unsettling in a hurry.

Comment

I didn't go the cheapest route because I plan to be in this home for quite a few years.
                          I did just get 9 piers put on one side of my home and used Brown Foundation.
                          They've been in business 50+ years and have a 1-2 month backlog.
                          Right at $5k, lifetime transferable warranty, plumbing leak check afterwards.

Looking for concrete slab or pier and beam foundation repair near Dallas, TX? You Can Count on Brown! Serving Dallas since 1963. Quotes are Free!

Comment

Oh the joys of owning a home.

I am getting bids on my rental to repair the inside around the bathrooms as it seems to still be sinking. I had 3 punch outs inside and about 9 or 10 put outside years back.

Then my newer home has been having some issues. It's just shy of 10 years old so luckily KB Homes is honoring their structural warranty so Perma-pier will be putting in 18 - 19 piers on Monday to get it all back to spec.

Then KB Home's will come back 60 - 90 days later and fix all cosmetic damage inside. Couldn't be happier about this.

It's easy to find a company willing to fix, but what you / they need is an engineers assessment of what needs to be done to fix it as someone said. KB sent two out to my house before the final decision was made to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                            X